1. “I thought you wouldn’t mind.” “Well, as a matter of fact I don’t, but you _____ me first.”
A. should ask
B. should have asked
C. must ask
D. must have asked
2. “I called you yesterday. A woman answered, but I didn’t recognize he r voice.” “Oh, it _____ my aunt Jean.”
A. must be
B. must have been
C. might be
D. can have been
3. That car nearly hit me; I ______.
A.might be killed
B.might have been killed
C. may be killed
D.may been killed
4. It’s a very kind offer, but I really _____ accept it.
5. The police still haven’t found her, but they’re doing all they _____.
6. You _____ practise the drums while the baby is sleeping.
7. You _____ him the news; he knew it already.
1 / 6