51. Nothing can _________ the young mother for the loss of her
C. complement 补充
52. Our monitor is good at shorthand速记, so he was _________ to
take notes for the meeting.
53. It is highly desirable that every effort _________to reduce
pollution in Beijing.
A. was made
B. be made
C. will be made
D. would be made
54. The plane got _________ control and crashed.
D. out of
55. He __________ all his success to the leadership of the party.
56. She decided to _________ the job when she found that the
company needs constant overtime work.
B. give in
57. The company promised _________ delivery but we didn’t
receive the goods now two months later.
58. You would be ________ a risk to let your child go to school by himself.
59. Although a teenager, Fred could resist ___________ what to do
and what not to do.
A. being told
C. to be told
D. to tell
60. I want to give up because I can’t see a __________ chance of success.
61. Only under special circumstances _________to take make-up tests.
A. are freshmen permitted
B. freshmen are permitted
C. permitted are freshmen
D. are permitted freshmen
62. Please make a ________ for a room for Mr. Smith at the hotel.
63. In real life it is not as easy as in films to _________good from evil.
64. A good language learner can be __________ of his teacher.
65. If medicine supplies are short, children will be given __________ .
51.A 52.C 53.B 54.D 55.B
56.C 57.D 58.D 59.A 60.B
61.A 62.C 63.A 64.C 65.C
51. The rain was heavy and _________ the land was flooded.
53. The government has devoted a larger slice of its national
_________ to agriculture than most other countries.
54. ________ they need to spend the winter is food and clothes.
A. All what
B. That all
55. Many people like white color as it is a _________ of purity.
56. The job _______ traveling abroad for three months each year.
57. You can’t get there ________ by swimming.
A. more than
C. less than
D. other than
58. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized
and argue that the power of the medium is _________.
59. Not until the game had begun _________ at the sports ground.
A. should he have arrived
B. had he arrived
C. would he have arrived
D. did he arrive
60. He _________ his friend for this job.
63. If medicine supplies are short, children will be given _________ .
64. If people feel hopeless, they don’t bother to _________ the skills
they need to succeed.
65. I’m sure he is up to the job________ he would give his mind to it.
A. if only
B. in case
51.A 52.D 53.C 54.C 55.A
56.A 57.D 58.B 59.D 60.B
61.C 62.B 63.A 64.D 65.A
51. Hard work together with perseverance _________ to his success.
52. His film caused a _________ in America.
53. The committee recommends he _________ the new financial manger.
A. will be
C. shall be
54. There are always some parts of your life ________ which you
can have little or no control.
55. People concerned about cholesterol levels are suggested to _______
A. cut away
B. cut off
C. cut down
D. cut in
58. It is not interesting at all, _________ it is extremely boring.
A. on the other hand
B. instead of
C. on the contrary
D. in contrast
59. He _________ knowing anything about the corruption.
60. As the saying goes: the end justified 认为---合理the _________.
61. Life-long ________ to one’s company is advocated in the Japanese society.
62. This office has a very modern _________ though it has an
64. If you want to learn English, you must first find a _________ teacher.
A. able 指具有明显地超出平均水平的能力
65. Jane was the only one who ________ all the conditions:
she was of the required age, height and degree.
51.C 52.B 53.D 54.B 55.C
56.A 57.D 58.C 59.D 60.C
61.B 62.B 63.C 64.C 65.A
52. In western countries, it is the _________ for men to wear suits
on formal occasions.
A) conviction B) convention
C) confession D) concession
53. We ______ his idea for a music club, and decided to have an art
A) turned B) rejected
C) accepted D)isolated
54. Our racial and cultural difference _________ our friendship and taught us a great deal
A) enhanced B) demoted
C) eliminated D) updated
55.Television sometimes has a negative ______ on children.
A) affect B) effect
C) perfect D) defect
56. A good dictionary can tell the _______ distinctions区别between meanings of synonyms同义词.
A) clear B) subtle
C) acute D) sharp
59. I lost my wallet and now I am ______ penniless.
A) literally B) literarily
C) directly D) completely
63. Your usual teacher has lost his voice and ____ I am taking his place today.
A) nevertheless B) however
C) accordingly D) moreover
64. We would never have secured our independence without the aid帮助
A) rendered 给与，提供 B) requested
C) presented D) pursued
65. It has always ____ me why you believe the Earth is flat.平的
A) annoyed B) misled
C) puzzled D) wondered
CBBAB BCBAC BBCAC