例：To make members of a team perform better, the trainer first of all has to know their ___ and weaknesses．A. strengths B. benefits C. techniques D. values 答案：A
21. As the quality of the city’s a ir continues to give rise to _____, the residents are encouraged to set off fewer fireworks.
22. The _____ in Chinese exports in recent years has resulted in a flood of inexpensive goods for American consumers.
23. One reason why the housing prices in big cities are going up all the time is that people are _____ into overcrowded cities in great numbers.
24. Do not fear them; for there is nothing covered that will not be _____, and nothing hidden that will not be made known.
25. If the world becomes less unfair and people have better education, much of the poverty can be ______.
A. taken out
B. left out
C. wiped out
D. put out
26. Fierce as they are faced with pressure, the students remain ______ and try hard to achieve their goals.
27. I don’t trust this dishonest woman; I think her certificates are _____.
28. Firms that provide ______ high wages and good working conditions do not seem to have problems attracting employees.
29. Take a vocabulary notebook with you all the time. Collect any good words, sentences or articles, _____ wisdoms and wise sayings.
30. After the break, the lecturer went on to talk ______ about the new academic concept.
A. at length
B. in all
C. in turn
D. at most
Cindy Green had a serious telephone problem. The brand-new $100 million Ribrock Plaza Hotel opened nearby and had 31 almost the same telephone number as Cindy’s. From the moment the hotel opened, Cindy was 32 by calls not for her. Since she had the same phone number for years, she felt that she should 33 the hotel management to change its number. 34 , the management refused. The phone company was not 35 , either. It argued that a number was a number, and the fact that a customer was getting someone else’s36 twenty-four hours a day didn’t make it37 .
After her request fell on deaf ears, Cindy decided to take 38 into her own hands. At 9 o’clock the phone rang. Someone from Memphis was calling the hotel and 39 a room for the following Tuesday. Cindy said, “No40 . How many nights?”
A few hours later a secretary called and said that she wanted a suite (套房) 41 two bedrooms for a week.
1 / 7