1. Team leaders must make sure that all members ______ the difficulty together to fight against the other team.
A. get over
B. look over
C. take over
D. come over
2. I used to quarrel a lot with my parents, but now we ______ fine.
A. look out
B. stay up
C. carry on
D. get along
3. She ______ an old friend of hers yesterday while she was shopping at the department store.
A. came along
B. came off
C. came across
D. came through
4. It’s already 10 o’clock. I wonder how it ______ that she was two hours late on such a short trip.
A. came over
B. came out
C. came about
D. come up
5. Finally I ______ and accepted the job on their terms.
A. gave up
B. gave in
C. gave away
D. gave out
6. If a person has not had enough sleep, his actions will ______ him ______ during the day.
7. If you’ve ______ those things that seem impossible, you will succeed finally.
A. gone through
B. gone over
C. gone by
D. gone back
8. For all three years I have been working for others. I’m hoping I’ll ______ my own business someday.
A. make up
B. set up
C. take up
D. come up
9. Li Yue is always warm-hearted and ______ a lot ______ the class.
10. –I just can’t stop worrying about the result of the job interview.
– ______. There’s nothing you can do now but wait.
B. Go ahead
C. Go for it
D. Good luck
11. She ______ a headache and this ______ made her unable to sleep all the night.
A. was suffered from… suffer
B. is suffering…suffering
D. was suffering…suffering
12. _____ your score and see how many points you get in the final test.
A. Add up
B. Add to
C. Add up to
D. Adding up
13. The engine of the ship was out of order and the bad weather ______ the helplessness of the group of people
A. resulted from
B. added to
C. turned out
D. made up
14. The scientists showed great ______ the warming of the earth.
A. interest in
B. love for
C. concern about
D. attention for
15. The boy, whose parents died when he was very young ______ by his aunt.
A. was brought in
B. was grown up
C. brought out
D. was brought up
16.I live next door to a couple ______ children often make a lot of noise.
17. The exact year ______ Angela and her family spent together in China was 2008.
18. Many countries are now setting up national parks ______ animals and plants can be protected.
19.He wrote a letter ______ he explains what had happened in the accident.
20.He asked, “How are you getting along?”→ He asked ______.
A. how am I getting along
B. how are you getting along
C. how I was getting along
D. how was I getting along
21. He asked me ______ with me.
A. what the matter is
B. what the matter was
C. what’s the matter
D. what was the matter
22. He said, “Don’t do that again.”→ He ______ me ______ that again.
A. said to me; not to do
B. said to me; don’t do
C. told me; don’t do
D. told me; not to do
23. I’d like to know ______ Chinese.
A. when he began to learn
B. when did he begin to learn
C. when he begin to learn
D. for how long he began to learn
24. Because the shop ______, all the T-shirts are sold at half prices.
A. has closed down
B. closed down
C. is closing down
D. had closed down
25. “The moment ______ soon,” he thought to himself, waiting nervously.
B. has come
C. was coming
D. is coming
26. The manager is concerned to hear that two of his trusted workers ______.
A. would leave
B. were leaving
C. are leaving
D. had left
27. Nowadays many old people don’t like the way ______ some children talk to their parents.
C. to which
28. I want to know ______ the thief was caught on the spot.
29. My teacher told us that ______.
A. the earth travels around the sun
B. the earth traveled around the sun
C. the earth had traveled around the sun
D. the earth was traveling around the sun
30. He asked his students ______.
A. which was the exercise the most difficult
B. which exercise was the most difficult
C. the most difficult exercise was which
D. which exercise did the most difficult
31. He asked “Who is that man?” → He asked ______.
A. who is the man
B. who the man is
C. who the man was
D. the man was who
32. My grandmother says she ______ with us for a few weeks next year.
A. has stayed
B. is staying
C. was staying
D. had stayed
33. Is this museum ______ the students visited the day before yesterday?
B. in which
C. at which
34. Alec asked the policeman ______ he worked to contact him whenever there was an accident.
A. with him
C. with whom
35. The English play ______ my students acted at the New Year’s party was a great success.
A. for which
B. in which
C. at which
D. from which
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A, B, C和D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
It was raining outside and I was preparing my breakfast at home. ___36___, a bottle of orange juice slid (滑) from my hand and fell to the floor. Glass and juice ___37___ everywhere. I looked at the ___38___. Then my eyes
were filled with tears. They came from a(n) ___39___ acceptance that “Today is just not my day”.
It was a bad day for me ___40___ things had to be done. I drove into town. In the few minutes it took to the bank, I made a ___41___. Though I had a bad day, I would be ___42___ not to pass it to anyone else. I would be happy and ___43___.
Standing in line, I was silently talking to myself. For the ___44___ time that day my eyes were filled with tears as I ___45___ how disconnected (隔离的) I felt from others. Then a ___46___ drew my attention. “Young lady,”she was saying.
I ___47___ and saw the bank teller, an old lady with a gentle smile. Her eyes showed ___48___ as she softly said, “I don’t ___49___ what is happening inside of you, but please believe me when I tell you that everything will be okay.”
And then she did something quite ___50___. My hands were resting on the counter and she placed her hands ___51___ on top of mine. The ___52___ was quick but electric. And in that moment my world changed.
In the moment of her touch my self-doubt ___53___. I found understanding and acceptance. I knew that ___54___ was being passed through the heart of this old lady directly into my heart. Then I ___55___.
36. A. Hopefully B. Fortunately C. Suddenly D. Finally
37. A. spread B. flew C. traveled D. appeared
38. A. mess B. place C. picture D. rain
39. A. public B. wide C. social D. angry
40. A. so B. but C. unless D. once
41. A. list B. mistake C. deal D. decision
42. A. free B. satisfied C. careful D. ready
43. A. polite B. strong C. brave D. busy
44. A. next B. other C. second D. last
45. A. forgot B. realised C. begged D. regretted
46. A. phone B. notice C. sign D. voice
47. A. came up B. looked up C. gave in D. joined in
48. A. concern B. fun C. trust D. respect
49. A. expect B. remember C. guess D. know
50. A. impossible B. strange C. unusual D. important
51. A. respectfully B. gently C. nervously D. easily
52. A. touch B. beat C. hit D. fight
53. A. came B. started C. disappeared D. arrived
54. A. love B. luck C. success D. interest
55. A. agreed B. stopped C. shouted D. smiled
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A, B, C和D)中，选出最佳选项。
Are you looking for some new and exciting places to take your kids to? Try some of these places.
Visit art museums. They offer a variety of activities to excite your kids' interest. Many offer workshops for making hand-made pieces, traveling exhibits, book signings(签名) by children's favorite writers, and even musical performances and other arts.
Head to a natural history museum. This is where kids can discover the past from dinosaur(恐龙) models to rock collections and pictures of stars in the sky. Also, ask what kind of workshops and educational programs are prepared for kids and any special events that are coming up.
Go to a Youtheater. Look for one in your area offering plays for child and family visitors. Pre-show play shops are conducted by area artists and educators where kids can discover the secret about performing arts. Puppet(木偶) making and stage make-up are just a couple of the special offerings you might find.
Try hands-on science. Visit one of the many hands-on science museums around the country. These science play-lands are great fun for kids and grown-ups alike. They'll keep your child mentally and physically active the whole day through while pushing buttons, experimenting, and building. When everyone is tired, enjoy a fun family science show, commonly found in these museums.
56. If a child is interested in the universe, he probably will visit .
A. a Youtheater
B. an art museum
C. a natural history museum
D. a hands-on science museum
57. What can kids do at a Youtheater?
A. Look at rock collections.
B. See dinosaur models.
C. Watch puppet making.
D. Give performances.
58. What does "hands-on science" mean in the last paragraph?
A. Science games designed by kids.
B. Learning science by doing things.
C. A show of kids' science work.
D. Reading science books.
59. Where does this text probably come from?
A. A science textbook.
B. A tourist map.
C. A museum guide.
D. A news report.
My mother loves flowers. As soon as warm weather comes around, you will find her planting, watering and weeding over everything. For many years we lived next door to each other, and she spent as much time in my garden as she did her own. After the flowers became plentiful each summer, she would cut colorful bouquets (花束)to enjoy inside the house－both hers and mine. I would often come home from work and find a beautiful arrangement(布置)of fresh flowers on my coffee table.
Shortly before Christmas one year, a local flower shop offered a bouquet month special. It seemed to be a great way to thank her for all of the flowers she had given me through the years. After the holidays, in early January, I drove her to the flower shop to pick up her first month’s bouquet. The small fresh colorful bouquet would hardly fill a small vase (花瓶).
I was so embarrassed(尴尬的). However, after we returned home, she began to arrange the flowers she had received. “Mom, I’m sorry,”I told her. “I can’t believe how skimpy th at bouquet is.” She looked at me and smiled. “It’s okay,”she said. “It allows me to better enjoy the beauty of each one.”
Mom’s words helped me to realize something bigger and more important－when we have too many good things, we often fail to enjoy the beauty of each one.
Thanks, Mom, for helping me understand that less is sometimes more.
60. According to Paragraph 1，which of the following is TRUE?
A. The author’s mother put fresh flowers on the author’s coffee table.
B. The author used to buy some fresh flowers on her way home.
C. The author’s mother usually bought flowers for her daughter.
D. The author and her mother shared a beautiful garden.
61. The author bought her mother flowers to .
A. celebrate the coming Christmas
B. express t hanks for all her mother’s done
C. bring more flowers to her mother’s garden
D. arrange her mother’s new house
62. The underlined word “skimpy” in Paragraph 3 means.
A．beautiful B．colorful C．cheap D．small
63. What did the author learn from her mother?
A. How to grow flowers.
B. How to arrange flowers.
C. Enjoying life if possible.
D. Considering things in other ways.
Along the river banks of the Amazon and the Orinoco there lives a bird that swims before it can fly, flies like a fat chicken, eats green leaves, has the stomach of a cow and has claws(爪) on its wings when young. They build their homes about 4.6m above the river, an important feature(特征) for the safety of the young. It is called the hoatzin(麝雉).
In appearance, the birds of both sexes look very much alike with brown on the back and cream and red on the underside. The head is small, with a large set of feathers on the top, bright red eyes, and blue skin. Its nearest relatives are the common birds, cuckoos. Its most striking feature, though, is only found in the young.
Baby hoatzins have a claw on the leading edge of each wing and another at the end of each wing tip. Using these four claws, together with the beak(喙), they can climb about in the bushes, looking very much like primitive birds. When the young hoatzins have learned to fly, they lose their claws.
During the drier months between December and March hoatzins fly about the forest in groups of 20 to 30 birds, but in April, when the rainy season begins, they collect together in smaller living units of two to seven birds for producing purposes.
64. What is the text mainly about?
A. Hoatzins in dry and rainy seasons.
B. The relatives and enemies of hoatzins.
C. Primitive birds and hoatzins of the Amazon.
D. The appearance and living habits of hoatzins.
65. Young hoatzins are different from their parents in that ．
A. they look like young cuckoos
B. they have claws on the wings
C. they eat a lot like a cow
D. they live on river banks
66. Why do hoatzins collect together in smaller groups when the rainy season comes?
A. To find more food.
B. To protect themselves better.
C. To keep themselves warm.
D. To produce their young babies.
China is a land of bicycles. At least it was back in 1992 when I traveled the country. Back then everyone seemed to be riding a bicycle. Millions of them, all black. Cars were rare. Yet since my arrival in Beijing last year, I’ve found the opposite is true. There are millions of cars. However, people still use their bicycles to get around. For many, it’s the easiest and cheapest way to travel today. Bicycles also come in different colors---silver, green, red, blue, yellow, whatever you want.
It’s fu n watching people biking. They rush quickly through crossroads, move skillfully through traffic, and ride even on sidewalks(人行道). Bicycles allow people the freedom to move about that cars just can’t provide.
Eager to be part of this aspect of Chinese culture, I decided to buy a bicycle. Great weather accompanied (伴随)my great buy. I immediately jumped up on my bicycle seat and started home.
My first ride home was orderly(守秩序的). To be safe, I stayed with a large group of bikers while cars on the streets ca me running swiftly out of nowhere at times. I didn’t want to get hit. So I took the ride carefully.
Crossing the streets was the biggest problem. It was a lot like crossing a major highway back in the United States. The streets here were wide, so crossing took time, skill and a little bit of luck.
I finally made it home. The feeling on the bicycle was amazing. The air hitting my face and going through my hair was wonderful. I was sitting on top of the world as I passed by places and people. Biking made me feel alive.
67. According to the author, why are bicycles still popular in China today?
A. Because they are traditional and safe.
B. Because they are convenient (方便) and inexpensive.
C. Because they are colorful and available.
D. Because they are fast and environment friendly.
68. The author decided to buy a bicycle because he wanted .
A. to ride it for fun
B. to use it for transport
C. to experience local skills
D. to improve his riding skills
69. How did the author feel about his street crossing?
A. It was boring.
B. It was difficult.
C. It was lively.
D. It was wonderful.
70. Which of the following best describes the author’s biking experience?
A. The author enjoyed showing off his biking skills.
B. The author was annoyed by the air while riding.
C. The author was praised by the other bikers.
D. The author took great pleasure in biking.
Parents should help their children understand money. 71 So you may start talking about money when your child shows an interest in buying things, candy or toys, for example.
1. The basic function of money
Being explaining the basic function of money by showing how people trade money for goods or services. It is important to show your child how money is traded for the thing he wants to have. If he wants to have a toy, give him the money and let him hand the money to the cashier（收银员）. 72 When your child grows a bit older and understands the basic function of money, you can start explaining more complex ways of using money.
2. Money lessons
Approach money lessons with openness and honesty. 73 If you must say no to a child’s request to spend money, explain, ”You have enough toy trucks for now.” Or, if the request is for many different things, say. “You have to make a choice between this toy and that toy.”
Begin at the grocery store. Pick out two similar brands of a product—a name brand butter and a generic(无商标产品), for example. You can show your child how to make choices between different brands of a product so that you can save money. 75 If he chooses the cheaper brand, allow him to make another purchase with the money saved. Later, you may explain how the more expensive choice leaves less money for other purchases.
A. Wise decisions.
B. The value of money.
C. Permit the child to choose between them.
D. Tell your child why he can or cannot have certain things.
E. Ask yourself what things that cost money are most important to you.
F. Talk about how the money bought the thing after you leave the toy store.
G. The best time to teach a child anything about money is when he shows an interest.
I’d like to talk about color-blindness. If your clothes don’t match, someone might laugh ___1___ your being “color-blind”. But some people are really color-blind. It doesn’t mean that they can’t see any color at all, like a black and white movie. It means that they have trouble ___2___(see) the difference between certain colors.
Being color-blind can make it hard ___3___(match) your coat and trousers, but it’s not a serious problem. People ___4___ are color-blind can do normal things, even driving. Most color-blind people can’t tell the difference between red and green, ___5___ they can learn to respond to the way the traffic signal changes. The red light is ___6___(general) on the top of the signal and the green one at the bottom.
People ___7___(test) for color-blindness through pictures made up of different colored dots (小圆点). If a person can’t recognize the ___8___(number) in the pictures, he or she may be color-blind. Boys are far more likely to have this problem. In fact, among 12 boys, one of ___9___(they) is probably at least a little color-blind. So girls, next time a boy asks you if two colors match, you’d better lend him ___10___ hand!
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号( ) 并在其下面写出该加的词。
Yesterday we visited Tsinghua University. Early in the morning, we arrived at the gate of Tsinghua University, where an old professor gave us a warmly welcome. We were showing around the university but then went to the library. We saw many students read carefully there. After that we visited in the lab building. On campus some students are studying under the trees. In the afternoon the old professor gave us lecture on science. Time passed quickly. Before we knew him, we had to say good-bye to the professor. Last night I worked hard at my lessons than usual and made up my minds to be a student of Tsinghua University.
1. The o____________(官方的) announcement will be made a day or two later.
2. All his hopes were d____________(破灭) by the terrible accident.
3. She is writing a s____________(系列) of poems on the state of things in Ireland.
4. I was u____________(心烦意乱的，不安的) to see how hurt she was.
5. The officer gave his c____________(命令) in a loud and confident voice.
6. The firefighters came to rescue the people t____________(陷入困境) in the burning building.
7. Sue takes a positive a____________(态度) towards life and is always optimistic.
8. The scientist was d____________(专心于；献身于) to the study of chemistry.
9. We should not forget the e____________(同等的) important question of what citizens must know, believe and do.
10. There is a r____________(报酬) for the person who returns the lost jewelry to its owner.
11. The governor’s wife p____________(说服) him not to run for a second term.
12. This is a non-profit o____________(组织) that was founded in the 1980s.
13. Early ____________(settle) had a difficult life in their new homeland.
14. Your father’s views on the political situation are ____________(shock) to me.
15. After ____________(graduate) from university, he went abroad for further study in physics.
16. The website is a ____________(rely) source of information for English learners.
17. We ____________(agree) violently, and she ran out crying.
18. The driver of the lorry had several serious ____________(injure) to legs and arms.
19. Rose is ____________(fluency) in both Spanish and German.
20. His brother is a polite and highly ____________(educate) young man.
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号( ) 并在其下面写出该加的词。
1. Faced with so many difficulties, they didn’t lose their heart.
2. It was a sad sight that the houses across the street were in ruin after the disaster.
3. Never mind, next time I expect you’ll be ready to join the discussion.
4. After he heard about what had happened, he was quite determine to teach them a lesson.
5. This is the most interesting book which I have ever read.
6. The president of the student union played active part in raising money for the poor students.
7. I am certainly willing to visit him frequent to cheer him up after the accident.
8. If you joke with him he’ll think you’re insulting him for purpose.
9. We immediately sent Mary our congratulation when she passed her driving test.
10. At the weekend I prefer exercising outdoors to stay at home watching TV.
1-5 ADCCB 6-10 BABCB 11-15 DABCD 16-20 ADDCC
21-25 DDACD 26 -30CBCAB, 31-35 CBDCB
36-40 CBADB 41-45 DCACB 46-50 DBADC 51-55 BACAD
56-59 CCBC 60-63 ABDD 64-66 DBD 67-70 BCBD
3. to match
7. are tested
9. them 10. a
9. equally 10. reward
11. persuaded 12. organization 13. settlers 14. shocking 15.graduating/graduatio
16. reliable 17. disagreed 18. injuries 19. fluent 20. educated
2. ruin 改为ruins
3. join 后面加in
5. which 改为that
6. active 前面加an
7. frequent 改为frequently 8. for 改为on 9. congratulation 改为congratulations 10. stay改为staying