当前位置:文档之家› 英语经典俚语

英语经典俚语

英语经典俚语
英语经典俚语

I beat my brains (out) to get a job.

为了找寻工作,我伤透了脑筋。

I blinded with science.

无言以对。

I broke my neck to add slangs here.

我努力地往这里添加俚语:)

I can‘t come up with it.

我做不到。

I can‘t burn the candle at both ends forever.

我不能永远这么消耗精力。

I can‘t help it.

我没办法。

I can‘t pinpoint it.

我没办法明确地指出来。

I can‘t see you quickly enough.

我巴不得尽快见你。

I can‘t think of it off hand.

我一时想不起来。

I detest you!

我恨你。

I didn‘t know. I was only a shot in the dark.

我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。

I didn‘t mean to pour cold water on your idea.

我本不想给你的想法浇冷水的。

I don‘t have the vaguest idea.

我一点也不知道。

I don‘t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.

这几天不知是什么把我搞的心烦意乱的。

I enjoyed your company.

我喜欢有你做伴。

I fast a day every week.

我每周绝食一天。

I got a big kick out of it.

这件事真令我开心。

I have a sweet tooth.

我喜欢吃甜食。

I have a bottomed-down mind.

我是个没什么独到见解的人。

I have no direction, I just go wherever the winds blows. 我没有方向,只是随风到处飘。

I have to get rid of my car.

我必须把我的车子脱手。

I have to brush up on my English.

我得温习英文。

I have to watch my weight.

我必须注意我的体重。

I haven‘t got a good house, but I‘ll keep a good house.

我没有好的房子,但是我会招待周到的。

I hope I didn‘t offend you.

希望我没使你生气。

I hope you saved room for dessert.

我希望你留了点肚子吃甜点。

I hope your idea takes wings.

我希望你的想法成真。

I just keep my head above water.

(生活)还凑合!

I knew from the word go what to do next.

我很快知道了下一步怎么做。

I like raisins and kebabs.

我喜欢吃葡萄干和肉串。:)

I like the soaps.

我喜欢连续剧。

I looked high and low for my pen.

我到处找我的钢笔。

I lost the door key about here.

我在这附近掉了门钥匙。

I only have eyes for you.

我只在乎你。

I really need to blow off some steam!

我得舒缓一下压力。

I share your enthusiasm.

谢谢关心(不耐烦的)。

I smelled a smell of cooking.

我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。

I think I get the drift.

我知道了。

I think you’ve put your finger on it.

你说到点子上了。

I told him to beat it.

我叫他走开。

I tossed and turned all night.

我整晚翻来覆去。

I wasn‘t born yesterday.

我又不是三岁小孩子。

I wish that you would put your cards on the table.

我希望你干脆把话挑明。

I wouldn‘t freeload.

我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。

I’ll back you up all the way.

我完全支持你。

I’ll buy it.

我赞成。

I‘ll come back before you know it.

我很快就回来。

I‘ll keep my eye open.

我会多留意。

I’ll make it up to you.

我一定会补偿你的。

I‘ll play it by ear.

随兴之所致吧。

I’ll put everything in black and white!

我会把所有事情白纸黑字写清楚。

I‘ll see to it.

我会留意的。

I‘ll speak against anything I know to be wrong.

我会对所有我认为不对的事情直言不讳。

I‘ll try to smooth things over.

我会妥善处理。

I‘m a chair zucchin i.

我是个电脑迷。

I‘m a man of my word.

我是个讲信用的人。

I‘m an average player.

我打得普通。

I‘m afraid I can‘t let you.

恐怕我不能答应你。

I‘m all fingers and thumbs this mornings.

今天早上我的手怎么这么笨呢?

I’m always punctual.

我总是很准时。

I’m an exam jitter.

我一考试就紧张。

I’m beat.

我累死了。

I‘m being helped.

有人招呼我。

I‘m broke.

我没什么钱。

I‘m easy to please.

我很容易取悦。

I‘m fed up.

我厌倦了。

I‘m feeling under the weather.

我觉得不舒服。

I‘m from Mis souri.

你骗不了我。

I‘m hard up.

我经济很困难。

I‘m just browsing.

我只是随便看看。

I’m mad about Bruce Lee.

我迷死李小龙了。

I’m not good at speaking off the cuff.

我不擅长即兴演讲。

I‘m not going to put up with this!

我再也受不了啦!

I‘m n ot myself today.

我今天心神不定。

I‘m on my way.

我就上路。

I‘m only waiting for the green light from you.

我在等您的允许.

I‘m pressed for time.

我的时间紧迫。

I‘m really crazy about Michael Jackson‘s rock and roll.

我对麦克杰克逊的摇滚爱的发狂。

I’m sick of always waiting for you!

你老让我等你,真是烦透了。

I‘m so surprised that you have the face to do so!

你怎么有脸做出这样的事!

I’m the apple of my grandma‘s eye.

我是姥姥的掌上明珠。

I‘m through with you.

我和你完了。

I‘m totally maxed out.

我真是完全累坏了。

I’m up to my ears in work.

我忙的不可开交。

I‘m working on it.

我正在努力。

I‘d do anything to see you crack a smile.

为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事。

I‘d like a refund.

我想退钱。

I‘d like to have telephone service.

我想要装电话。

I‘d like to have this prescription filled.

我要照这药房配药。

I‘d like to repair our differences.

我愿意消除一下我们之间的分歧。

I‘ve been dying to meet you.

我非常非常想见到你。

I‘ve had enough of your garbage.

我听腻了你的废话。

If I were in your shoes,I wou ldn‘t do it that way.

如果我是你的话,我不会那样做的。

If the shoe fits ,wear it.

如果是真的就承认吧。

If you don‘t want to lose me, you‘d better lay it on the line.

如果你不想失去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我。

If you remain stuck-up, they will often try to pull your leg.

假如你还是目中无人的话,他们会常常想愚弄你的。

In doing we learn.

经一事,长一智。

In his speech Mr. Brown laid stress on the sagacity of cats.

布朗先生在他的讲座里强调了猫的灵性。

In her hometown ,she was a big fish in a small pond.

在她家乡,她很了不起。

It isn‘t much.

那是微不足道的。

It rained at intervals this month.

这个月不时地下雨。

It slipped my mind.

我忘了。

It‘ll come to me.

我会想起来的。

It‘s a deal!

真便宜。

It’s a hard nut to crack.

这是一件棘手的事情。

It’s a hit.

这件事很受人欢迎。

It’s a lot of chicken feed.

这是小意思,不算什么。

It‘s a pain in the neck.

那真是难过的事。

It’s all Greek to me.

我全不懂。

It‘s better than nothing.

总比什么都没有好。

It‘s full of hot air.

这是雷声大雨点小。

It‘s in God‘s hands and we have prepared for the worst.

听天由命吧,我们已经做最坏的准备了。

It’s my cup of tea.

这很合我胃口。

It‘s no use talking to him ,you‘ll only waste your breath.

和谈谈话没有一点用处,你只是在白费唇舌。

It‘s not that he doesn‘t like to help, but that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

他不是不愿意帮助你,而是他心有余而力不足。

It’s on the house.

这是免费的。

It’s on me this time.

这次我请客。

It‘s only wishful thinking.

这只是一厢情愿的想法。

It’s righteous!

真是酷毙了。

It‘s supposed to start 6:30 sharp, but I doubt it will.

应该是六点半整的,但是我觉得够呛。

It’s up in the air.

悬而未决。

Jack, with a body well proportioned, about the middling, a pair of intense big eyes, has become the target of many pretty girls.

杰克体形匀称,个头儿适中,一双大眼睛炯炯有神,成了许多女孩子追求的目标。

John took out a loan to pay his tuition.

约翰贷款交付学费。

John‘s friends said he was mistaken , but he stood his ground.

约翰的朋友都说他错了,可是他仍然坚持己见。

Just cool your heels!

好了,安静会儿吧!

Just to be on the safe side.

为了安全起见。

Keep your temper under control.

不要发脾气。

Let bygones be bygones. We are still friends.

让过去的过去吧,我们还是好朋友。

Let‘s call it a day.

我们今天到此为止。

Let’s find a happy medium.

我们还是找一个折衷的办法。

Let’s forgive and forget.

尽弃前嫌。

Let‘s put a roof over one’s head.

咱们找个地方安顿吧。

Let‘s talk over coffee.

我们边和咖啡边聊。

Li Ming is the black sheep of his family.

李明是个败家子。

Look at this mess!

看看这烂摊子!

Looking out upon the sea of faces, Mr. A delivered a touching speech.

望着一片人山人海的听众,A先生发表一篇动人的演说。

Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.

爱情就像照片,需要大量的暗房时间来培养。

Lunch is on me.

午饭我请客。

Mary has a real hang-up about cats and doesn‘t like to be in the same room with them.

玛丽对猫有一种摆脱不掉的厌烦,因此不愿意和猫同一个房间。

Mary wanted to buy that painting by Picasso, but another millionaire beat her to the draw.

玛丽想买毕加索的那幅画,不过另一个百万富翁捷足先登了。

May I ask you a question point-blank?

我可以坦白问你一个问题吗?

May I see your boarding pass, please?

我可以看看你的登机证吗?

Mind you eye!

当心!

Mind your own business!

管好你自己的事!

Mr. Nixon said, "we two countries have common interests over and above our differences."

尼克松先生说:“我们两国出了有分歧,也有共同利益。”

(注:over and above 没有在……之上的意思,它相当于besides.)

My mouth is watering.

我流口水了。

Math is beyond me.

我对数学无能为力。

Never cackle till your egg is laid.

事未完成莫夸耀。

Never say die. Try again and you‘ll probably succeed.

别灰心,再试一次,你会成功的。

No big talk with me. I have your number.

别跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你底细。

No dice.

不行。

No fear!

不会的!or肯定没有这种可能性!

No, I won’t lend you the money, you‘ve had it!

不,我不会把钱借给你的,你别指望了!

Not on your life!

绝不。

Not that I know of.

没这回事

Nuts!

胡说!

Oh, my aching back!

啊呀,天啊,真糟!

Oh, you‘re so slim!

你真是太苗条了。

Our hopes were all gone.

我们的希望成泡影了。

Our team gained the upper hand.

我们队占上风。

Over my dead body!

休想!

Play to the score.

见机行事。

Please behave yourself before the guests.

在宾客面前你检点一点。

Please bend the rules at times.

请网开一面。

Pull over!

把车子开到旁边。

Push five, please.

请按五楼。

Really? You‘re so bad!

真的吗?你真棒!

Same here.

我也一样。

Saturn has several moons.

土星有好几个卫星环绕它运转。

She doesn‘t know beans about the insurance business at all.

她对保险业务一窍不通。

She eats like a bird.

她饭量特别小。

She has two left feet.

她总是笨手笨脚的。

She is a chocoholic.

她是个嗜食巧克力的人。

She is a knock out.

她美得让人倾倒。

She is as mild as a dove.

她很温和。

She is coming on to you.

她对你有意思。

She jumped down my throat.

她生气地批评我。

She kept a straight face.

她忍住没有笑。

She knows her beans in working.

她在工作方面很精通。

She seems like a cold fish.

她看上去冷冰冰的。

She stood me up.

她让我白等了。

She turns me off.

她使我厌恶。

She used to learn everything by rote.

她过去总是死记硬背。

Since he is as silly as a goose , he will not get a promotion.

既然他如此的不开窍,他肯定得不到提升的。

Something‘s come up.

有事。

So, you finally broke the ice.

你终于打破了僵局。

So far so good.

目前为止,一切都好。

Some things rub them the wrong way.

他们被惹怒了。

Someday, when your ship comes in ,you‘ll build your dream house.

总有一天,当你有钱时,你会建造你梦想的家。

Someday you‘re going to have to face the music for your actions.

总有一天,你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果。

Spill one’s guts!

说出实情。

Stick around.

在附近逗留。

Stone has always had a crush on Baby.

石头一直在爱着宝贝。

Stop pulling my leg.

不要开我玩笑了。

Suit yourself.

随你便。

Talking about the size of population, India is next only to China.

从人口数量方面讲,印度仅次于中国。

Take a hike!

哪儿凉快哪儿歇着去吧。

Tell me what‘s your beef?

你抱怨什么?

Tell me your story, I‘m all ears.

告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听。

That cat jumps.

形势清楚了。

That boy never says uncle.

那个孩子的嘴特别硬。

That politician cries wolf in every speech he makes.

那个政治家在他的每篇演说中都在撒谎。

That will be the day.

要有这么一天就好了。

That was a close call.

那真是千钧一发。

Tha t’ll save your skin.

那可帮你度过难关。

That’s a good gimmick.

那是一个好办法。

That‘s a rip-off.

那是敲诈。

That’s always the case.

习以为常了。

That‘s enough of your back talk.

不许你回嘴。

The criminal tried to grasp at a straw by feigning mental disorder.

罪犯装疯,企图抓住一根救命稻草。

The boss spent money like water.

那老板花钱大手大脚的。

The brothers differ from each other in their interests.

这几个兄弟各有所好。

The fighter planes saved our necks.

空军的战斗机保全了我们的生命。

The girl was brave enough, but being outnumbered, she was finally knocked into the middle of next week by the gang.

她很勇敢,但终因寡不敌众,被那帮人搭晕过去。

The good seaman is known in bad weather.

惊涛骇浪,方显英雄本色。

The judge will put him behind bars for at least two years.

法官最少也会判他坐两年牢。

The kitchen sink is clogged up.

厨房的水槽阻塞了。

The lummox has loused up their company‘s whole business.

那个傻大个儿把公司的买卖搞的一团糟。

The mad cat took a piss here and there.

这只疯猫到处小便。

The mayor really made a slip of the tongue!

市长可真是说溜了嘴了!

The news came as a bombshell.

这个消息犹如晴天霹雳。

The whole team was in the doghouse because they lost the game.

由于输掉比赛,整队都陷入困境。

Their opinions on art are simply for the birds.

他们对艺术的见解真是荒唐可笑。

There ar e a lot of ups and downs in one‘s life.

生活中充满了太多盛衰的沉浮。

There go the house lights.

剧院的灯光灭了。

There must be someone who had put him up to that.

肯定有人怂恿他去干那件事。

These are more than old wives’ tales.

这些可不是无稽之谈。

They are only too delighted to accept the invitation.

他们非常乐意接受邀请。

They drove the car and went out for a spin.

他们开车到外面兜风去了。

They help make it less of a dog’s life.

他们帮忙改善生活。

They slip out one by one and I was left holding the baby.

他们一个个都跑掉了,剩下我来抱孩子。

They treated us white.

他们公平地对待我们。

They’re a barrel of laughs.

他们很搞笑。

Think nothing of it.

别挂记它。

This experience will make me show my true color.

这种经历将使我暴露我的本性。

This draught occurs once in a blue moon.

这场旱灾是百年不遇的。

This guy he was in my face.

他想从我这得到点什么。

This is in way over my head.

对我而言这实在太难了。

This joke has gone a little too far.

这个玩笑开得有点过火了。

This movie was just a hype.

这部电影完全是在炒作。

To give him a pep talk!

给他打打气儿。

To me it is just peanuts.

对我来讲,这太不值得了。

To my joy, my son knows a thing or two about Italian.

使我高兴的是,我儿子对意大利语还很精通哩。

Tom always gets cold feet.

汤姆总是裹足不前。

Try to have a mind of your own.

做有主见的人。

Two of a trade never agree.

同行是冤家。

V ariety is charming.

丰富多彩就是美。

We could make beautiful music together.

我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对儿。

We have three holidays in a row.

我们连放三天假。

We look forward to the dawn of better days.

我们期待好日子的来临。

We will take a chance on the weather and have the party outdoors.

我们将冒天气的险在室外聚会。

What a good deal!

真便宜!

What do you recommend?

你推荐什么?

What snacks do you like best?

你最喜欢什么零食?

What’s eating you?

你有什么烦恼?

What’s gotten into you?

你怎么了?

What‘s in it for me? = What‘s my cut? = What‘s my share?

我有什么好处?

What’s the gag?

这里面有什么奥妙?

What‘s this regarding?

请问这是关于哪一方面?

What‘s on your mind?

你在想什么?

When do you hope to start a family?

你希望什么时候生第一个孩子呢?

(是不是误以为问什么时候成家呢:)

When he asked me to marry him , I felt in a bind.

当他向我求婚时,我感到很窘迫。

When I knew I just being hired ,I jumped out of my skin.

当我被录用时,我简直欣喜若狂。

When it comes to fishing, I beat him by miles.

讲到钓鱼,我比他棒的多~。

Where are you headed?

你要去哪里?

Where can I have this gift wrapped?

我到哪儿去包装这礼物?

Where was I?

我讲到哪儿了?

Why should you always like to rib others?

你为什么总拿别人开心?

Will you give me credit for the call?

请把这个电话销账好吗?

With things as such ,we‘ll have to let things slide.

事到如今,我们也只好顺其自然了。

Work on the construction site was at full blast.

建筑工地的工作已经全面展开。

Would you care for a cup of coffee?

你要不要来杯咖啡?

Would you like a refill?

你要不要再加满?

Wow, the car is awesome. Can I get a load of it?

哇,这车真是帅呆了。我可以骑骑看吗?

You are a dreamboat.

你是位(异性所追求的)理想人选。

You are always trying to get my goat.

你总是想惹我发火。

You can eat and drink your fill.

你可以尽情地吃喝。

You can trust him , for he‘s honest through and through.

你可以信任他,他是真正诚实的。

You can‘t beat me.

(表示自己了不起。)

You don‘t have a care in the world.

你不知人间烦恼为何物。

You don‘t say so!

竟有这样的事!or我没听错吧!

You gave me an awful pain in the neck.

你真让我觉得讨厌。

You have to pay in advance.

你必须预先负钱。

You hit the nail on the head.

你真是一言中的。

You owe me one.

你欠我一个人情。

You name it.

你说出来。

You need to make a case for your suggestions before you can get them approved.

在你的建议得到批准之前,你必须提出充分的理由。

You rose to the bait.

你中圈套了。

You set me up!

你出卖我!

You should give him a piece of your mind.

你该向他表达你的不满。

You should have a mind of your own.

你必须有自己的主见。

You should take advantage of it.

你应该好好利用这个机会。

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档