当前位置:文档之家› 勇敢的心_Braveheart_中英文原版剧本

勇敢的心_Braveheart_中英文原版剧本

勇敢的心 Braveheart 中英文剧本




I shall tell you of William Wallace.
我将为你们讲述威廉姆华莱士的故事.


Historians from England will say I am a liar,
英国的历史学家们会说我在说谎,


but history is written by those who have hanged heroes.
但历史是由处死英雄的人写的.


The king of Scotland had died without a son,
苏格兰国王死后无嗣,


and the king of England,
人称长腿爱德华的英格兰国王,


a cruel pagan known as Edward the Longshanks,
一个残暴的异教徒,


claimed the throne of Scotland for himself.
宣布苏格兰王位归他所有.


Scotland's nobles fought him
苏格兰的贵族们为了王位和他开战,


and fought each other over the crown.
同时也在自相残杀.


So Longshanks invited them to talks of truce...
于是长腿邀请他们共商休战--


no weapons, one page only.
不能带武器, 每人只能带一名随从.


Among the farmers of that shire was Malcolm Wallace,
当地有个名叫马尔克姆华莱士的农民,


a commoner with his own lands.
他有自己的土地,


He had two sons... John and William.
和两个儿子--约翰和威廉姆.


I told you to stay.
我叫你待在家里.


Well, I finished my work.
我干完活了.


Where are we going?
我们去哪里?


MacAndrews'. He was supposed to visit
去麦克安德鲁家. 聚会一结束


when the gathering was over.
他们就会来了.


- Can I come? - No, go home, boy.
我能去吗? 不行,回家去,孩子.


But I want to go.
可我想去.


Go home or you'll feel the back of my hand.
回家去, 要不我就揍你了.


Go you home, William.
回家去,威廉姆.


[Whinnying]

MacAndrews!
麦克安德鲁!


MacAndrews!
麦克安德鲁!


Holy Jesus.
圣主啊.


[Wings Fluttering]

Aah!
啊!


It's all right!
好了,没事了!


William!
威廉姆!


William! William, it's all right.
威廉姆! 威廉姆,好了,没事了.


It's all right. Easy, lad.
没事了. 镇静点,孩子.


William.
威廉姆.


Uhh!

And I say we hit back now!
我们应该以牙还牙!


We cannot fight them! It's suicide!
我们不能这么做! 这简直就是去自杀!


Wallace is right! We fight them!
华莱士说的对!打吧!


Every nobleman who had a will to fight
所有主战的贵族


was at that meeting.
都在这次会议上死了.


We cannot beat an army.
我们无法对付一支军队.


Not with 50 farmers.
我们只够凑足50人.


We do not have to beat them, just fight them.
我们不一定要打败他们, 只要和他们战斗.


Now, who's with me?
现在,谁跟我去?


I am, Wallace.
我去,华莱士.


All right, all right.
好吧,好吧.


Rea

dy.
好.


Where do you think you're going?
威廉,你想去哪儿?


I'm going with you.
跟着你.


Ah, you're going with me, are you?
你想和我在一起,是吗?


And what are you going to do?
你想干什么?


I'm going to help.
我要去帮你.


Hey, and a good help you'd be, too,
嘿,你会成为好帮手的,


but I need you to stay here
但是我要你留在这儿,


and look after the place for me
在我不在的时候


while I'm away.
照看好这地方.


I can fight.
我能打仗.


I know.
我知道.


I know you can fight.
我知道你能打仗.


But it's our wits that make us men.
不过 真正的男子汉还要会用脑子.


See you tomorrow.
我会回来看你的.


Ha!

[Laughing]

Hiya!
你好!


English.
英国人.


Get down.
低下头.


With your father and brother gone,
你爸爸和哥哥都走了,


they'll kill us and burn the farm.
他们会杀了我们,烧掉农场.


It's up to us, Hamish.
就得靠我们了,汉密斯.


[Screaming]

Nah.

Uhh!

[Laughing]

[Owl Hoots]

[Rooster Crowing]

Uhh. Ahh.

Da?
爸爸?


Da?
爸爸?


[Pours Water]

William.
威廉姆.


Come here, lad.
过来,孩子.


[Praying In Latin]

Amen.
阿门.


[In Unison] Amen.
阿门.


[Thunder]

[Horse Whinnies]

William.
威廉姆.


I'm your uncle. Argyle.
我是你叔叔.奥盖尔.


You have the look of your mother.
你长得象你妈妈.


Mmm.

We'll stay here tonight.
我们今晚就在这儿过夜.


Tomorrow you'll come home with me.
明天你和我一起回家去.


I don't want to leave.
我不想走.


You didn't want your father to die either, did you?
你也不希望你父亲死,是不是?


But it happened.
可这是事实.


Did the priest give a poetic benediction?
神父不是祷告了吗?


"The Lord bless thee and keep thee"?
"上帝保佑你,卫护你"?


It was in Latin.
是用拉丁语说的.


You don't speak Latin?
你会说拉丁语?


Well, that's something we shall have to remedy, isn't it?
这是我们需要补习的东西,对吗?


The Lord bless thee and keep thee.
主保佑你,卫护你.


The Lord cause His light to shine on thee.
主使你沐浴阳光.


The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee
主有支撑你的臂膀.


and give thee peace.
主为你带来安宁.


Amen.
阿门.


Your heart is free.
你的心是自由的.


Have the courage to follow it.
要有勇气追求自由.


[Thunder]

[Bagpipes Playing]

What are they doing?
他们在干什么?


Saying good-bye in their own way...
在用自己的方式道别--


playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes.
风笛和曲调都是被禁止的.


It was t

he same for me and your daddy
你祖父被害的时候


when our father was killed.
我和你爸爸也是这么做的.


First, learn to use...
首先,要学会用...


this.
这儿.


Then I'll teach you to use...
然后我再教你用...


this.
这个.


Many years later,
多年以后,


Edward the Longshanks, King of England,
英国国王,长腿爱德华,


supervised the wedding of his eldest son,
为他的大儿子,王位继承人


who would succeed him to the throne.
操办了婚礼.


Amen.
阿门.


Asbride for his son,
至于新娘,


Longshanks had chosen the daughter of his rival,
长腿选择了他的对手,


the king of France.
法国国王的女儿.


[Singing In Latin]

It was widely whispered that for the princess to conceive,
人们四处传说, 如果想让王妃怀孕,


Longshanks would have to do the honors himself.
长腿就必须亲自出马才行.


That may have been what he had in mind all along.
也许那是他心存许久的邪念.


Scotland... my land.
苏格兰...我的领地.


The French will grovel to anyone with strength,
而法国也会对强国俯首称臣的,


but how will they believe our strength
可是如果我们不能统治全岛


when we cannot rule the whole of our own island?
他们怎么会认为我们强大呢?


Where is my son?
我的儿子呢?


Your pardon, milord.
对不起,陛下.


He asked me to come in his stead.
他让我替他来.


I sent for him, and he sends you.
我让他来,他却让你来.


Shall I leave, milord?
我可以走了吗,陛下?


If he wants his queen to rule when I am gone,
如果他想在我死后 让他的王后掌权的话,


then, by all means, stay and learn how.
那你就留下来好好学吧.


Please.
请.


Nobles.
贵族.


Nobles are the key to the door of Scotland.
贵族是统治苏格兰的关键.


Grant our nobles lands in the north,
把北方的土地分给我们的贵族,


give their nobles estates here in England,
把英格兰这边的土地分给他们的贵族,


and make them too greedy to oppose us.
让他们变的贪得无厌,无心反抗我们.


But, sire, our nobles will be reluctant to uproot.
可是陛下, 我们的贵族不会愿意搬家.


New lands mean new taxes,
搬到新土地就要再交税,


and they're already taxed for the war in France.
他们已经为对法国的战争付过税了.


Are they?
是吗?


Are they?
是吗?


The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots.
苏格兰之所以麻烦, 就是因为人太多了.


[Chuckling]

Perhaps the time has come
也许是时候


to reinstitute an old custom.
恢复我们过去的老传统了.


Grant them prima noctes.
授予贵族们享受初夜权.


Fir

st night.
初夜权.


When any common girl inhabiting their lands is married,
领地内任何民女结婚的时候,


our nobles shall have sexual rights to her
他们都有权在她新婚之夜


on the night of her wedding.
与其过夜.


If we cart get them out, we'll breed them out.
如果我们不能赶走苏格兰人, 我们就让他们变种.


That should fetch just the kind of lords
初夜权会吸引贵族们


we want to Scotland,
去苏格兰的,


taxes or no taxes, huh?
交不交税,那都无所谓了,对吗?


A most excellent idea, sire.
好主意啊,陛下.


Is it?
是吗?


Now in Edinburgh gathered the council of Scottish nobles.
苏格兰的贵族会议 现在正在爱丁堡举行.


Among these was Robert the 17th earl of Bruce,
其中有第17代伯爵罗伯特,


the leading contender for the crown of Scotland.
他是苏格兰王位有力的竞争者之一.


Ah, I hear that Longshanks has granted prima noctes.
我听说 长腿授予他的贵族们初夜权.


Clearly meant to draw more of his supporters here.
这显然会吸引更多他的支持者来这里.


My father believes that we must
我父亲认为我们应该


lull Longshanks into our confidence
既不支持他,也不反对他,


by neither supporting his decree nor opposing it.
以此来博得他的信任.


A wise plan.
好主意.


And how is your father? We missed him at the council.
令尊现在怎么样? 开会的时候没看见他.


His affairs in France keep him long overdue.
他在法国公务缠身,还得待很久.


But he sends his greetings,
不过他还是托人来问候我,


and he says that I speak for all of the Bruces
还说我有权代表整个布鲁斯家族


and for Scotland.
和苏格兰.


[Inhaling]

[Festive Music Playing]

Ah, it's all over now.

You've dropped your rock.
你把石头丢下了.


Test of manhood.
看看你是不是男子汉.


You win.
你赢了.


Ah.

Call it a test of soldiery, then.
那么试试你能不能做士兵.


The English won't let us train with weapons,
英国人不许我们使用武器,


so we train with stones.
所以我们用石头训练.


The test of a soldier is not in his arm.
能不能做士兵不能光看力气.


It's here.
应该看这儿.


No. It's here.
不.得看这儿.


[Gasps And Laughter]

Ha ha!
哈哈!


Hamish?
汉密斯?


Mm-hmm.

Here you go, son.
该你了,儿子.


Show him how.
扔给他看看.


Come on, Hamish!
加油,汉密斯!


Ha ha ha ha! My boy!
哈哈哈哈! 扔得好,儿子!


That was a good throw.
扔得好.


Aye. Aye, it was.
是啊,不错.


I was wondering if you could do that when it matters.
我在想, 关键时刻你能扔得这么好吗.


As it... As it matters in battle.
比如-- 比如在打仗的时候.


Could you crush a man with that throw?
你能击中敌人吗?


I could crush you like a worm.
我砸死你就象碾只臭虫.


[Crowd] Ooh!

You could?
是吗?


Aye.
当然.


Well, then do it.
那就试试看吧.


Would you like to see him crush me like a worm?
你们想看看他如何砸死我吗?


Come do it.
来呀.


You'll move.
你会躲的.


I will not.
我不躲.


Right.
好吧.


He'll move.
他会躲的.


Come on, Hamish.
加油,汉密斯.


Come on there, boy!
加油,孩子!


Well done!
干的好!


[Laughter]

Ah!

Fine display, young Wallace.
干的好,小华莱士.


Are you all right?
你还好吧?


You look a wee bit shaky.
你看起来有点摇晃.


I should have remembered the rocks.
我们一起扔过石头.


Aye, you should have.
是的.


Get up, you big heap.
起来,大块头.


It's good to see you again.
很高兴又见到你.


Aye. Welcome home.
欢迎你回来.


Oh, me head.
我的脑袋.


Oh, you should have moved.
你该躲开的呀.


William...
威廉姆...


will you dance with me?
和我跳个舞吧?


Of course I will.
当然可以.


I've come to claim the right of prima noctes.
听着,我来行使我的初夜权.


As lord of these lands,
作为这片土地的领主,


I will bless this marriage
我要在新婚之夜,


by taking the bride into my bed
把新娘带回去过夜,


on the first night of her union.
以此祝福这对新人.


Oh, by God, you will not!
上帝,你不能这么干!


It is my noble right.
这是我的贵族特权.


Good evening, sin'.
晚上好,先生.


Ah, young Wallace.
你好,小华莱士.


Grand soft evening, huh?
多么美好的夜晚啊!


Aye, it's that.
是啊,真不错.


I was wondering if I might have a word with your daughter.
我能和你女儿说几句话吗?


What do you want to have a word about?
你想和我女儿说什么?


Well, um...
我,...


Murron, would you like to come and ride with me
美伦,这么美好的夜晚


on this fine evening?
你不想和我出去转转吗?


In this? You're out of your mind.
这种天气?你疯了吗?


It's good Scottish weather, madame.
这在苏格兰算好天气了.


The rain is falling straight down.
你看,小风细雨.


Well, slightly to the side, like.
你看,小风细雨.


She cart go with you.
她不能跟你去.


No the now, anyway.
不能,至少现在不能.


No the now.
现在不行.


- No the now? - We'll see you later.
现在不行? 再见了.


The weather's just fine. It's hardly raining.
天气很好.雨下得很小.


Did you not hea

r what I said?
你没听见我说的话吗?


Murron! Get... Oh.
美伦!回来.


It's you she takes after.
有其父必有其女.


How could you know me after so long?
多年不见,你怎么认出我的?


Well, I didn't.
我没有.


I saw you staring, and I didn't know who you were.
我看见你盯着我, 可我不知道是你.


I'm sorry. I suppose I was.
对不起.我太无理了.


Are you in the habit
你总是和陌生人


of riding off in the rain with strangers?
一起在雨中骑马吗?


It was the best way to make you leave.
这是让你离开的好办法.


Well, if I can ever work up the courage to ask you again,
要是我下次还敢约你的话,


I'll send written warning first.
一定先给你写个条.


Wouldn't do much good. I cart read.
没用的.我不识字.


Can you not?
你不识字?


No.
对.


Well, that's something
我一定要!


we shall have to remedy, isn't it?
教你识字,好吗?


You're going to teach me to read, then?
你要教我识字?


If you like.
只要你愿意.


In what language?
你想学什么语?


You're showing off now.
你口气不小啊.


That's right. Are you impressed yet?
是啊.你佩服我吗?


No. Why should I be?
不. 为什么?


[Speaking French]
为什么


因为我每天都在想你.

Do that standing on your head, and I'll be impressed.
如果你能倒立着说法语, 我就佩服你.


My kilt will fly up, but I'll try it.
那我的裙子可就要掀起来了.


God, you certainly didn't learn any manners.
上帝, 你去过那么多地方都还不懂礼貌吗?


The French and Romans have far worse manners.
法国人和罗马人更没礼貌.


You've been to Rome?
你去过罗马?


Aye. Argyle took me on a pilgrimage.
去过. 奥盖尔带我去朝圣.


What was it like?
那儿怎么样?


那儿很美,但没有你美.

What does that mean?
什么意思?


Beautiful.
那里虽然很美,


But I belong here.
但我属于这里.


[Mother MacClannough] Murron?
美伦?


Come in now.
快进来.


Sin', I know it was strange of me
先生,我知道昨天晚上


to invite Murron to ride last night,
我请美伦出去骑马有些冒失,


but I assure you...
但我向你保证--


Mac Clannough's daughter is another matter.
我不是来和你谈这件事的.


I've come to fetch you to our meeting.
我是来接你去开会的.


What kind of meeting?
开什么会?


The secret kind.
秘密会谈.


Your meetings are a waste of time, Campbell.
这是浪费时间,卡贝尔.


Your father was a fighter and a patriot.
你父亲是一位爱国的战士.


I know who my father was.
我了解我父亲.


I came back home to raise crops
我回来只

想种地,


and, God willing, a family.
成家,平平安安的过日子.


If I can live in peace, I will.
如果可能的话.


Go on.
走.


You say you want to stay out of the troubles?
你说你不想惹麻烦?


If you can prove it, you may court my daughter.
如果你能证明这一点, 你就能向我的女儿求婚.


Until you prove it, my answer's no.
在你拿出证据之前, 我是不会同意的.


No?
别这样!


No, Wallace. No.
不,华莱士.不.


Didn't I just prove it?
我刚才不是已经证明了吗?


No!
没有!


No?
证明了!


No!
还没有!


Uh!

Of course, running a farm's a lot of work,
当然, 要经营农场要干很多活,


but that will all change when my sons arrive.
如果我儿子能在这儿, 一切都会改变了.


So you've got children?
你有孩子了?


Oh, not yet, but I was hoping
还没有. 不过我希望


that you could help me with that.
你能帮帮我.


So you want me to marry you, then?
你希望我嫁给你,是吗?


Well, it's a bit sudden, but all right.
是有点突然,不过没关系.


Is that what you call a proposal?
这就是你所谓的求婚?


I love you. Always have.
我爱你. 直到永远.


I want to marry you.
我要娶你.


Is that a "yes"?
你同意了?


Aye, that's a "yes."
对,我同意.


It is?
是吗?


We best hurry. He'll be waiting.
我们最好快点. 神父已经在等我们了.


Oh, wait.
等等.


Where are you going?
你去哪里?


What's that?
那是什么?


You'll see.
你会知道的.


Father.
神父.


I will love you my whole life,
我将终生爱你,


you and no other.
只爱你一个.


And I you,
我也将永远爱你,


you and no other, forever.
只爱你一个.


[Speaking Scots Gaelic]
来吧,孩子. 我为你们的新婚祈祷.


[Speaking Latin]

When am I going to see you again?
我什么时候能再见到你?


Tonight?
今晚?


I cart.
不行.


Why not?
为什么?


My dad's growin' suspicious.
我爸爸会起疑心的.


Growin' suspicious, is he?
是吗?


Wouldn't have anything to do with that.
他起不起疑心都没关系.


When? When? When?
什么时候?


When?
什么时候?


Tonight.
今晚.


Tonight.
今晚.


Tonight.
今晚.


Look lively, Sergeant.
往这边看,士兵.


Where are you going, lassie?
你要去哪里?


Ooh, that looks heavy.
看起来很沉.


Let me help you with it.
我来帮你吧.


No. It's fine.
不用了.


I'm not going to steal it.
没关系.来吧.


Oh, you remind me of my daughter back home.
你使我想起了自己家里的女儿.


Hello, lassie.
你好,小妞.


Aah!
啊!




No!
不!


Shh! Shh!

Keep it quiet, Smythe.
小声点.


Ah!

You bitch!
臭婊子!


Aah!
啊!


Aah!
啊!


[Biting]

Aah! You...
啊!你个...


bitch!
臭婊子!


Are you all right?
你没事吧?


All right? Come on.
没事吧? 来.


Are you all right?
没事吧?


Aye.
没事.


Are you all right?
你没事吧?


Can you ride?
你能骑马吗?


Aye.
能.


Come back here, you bastard!
回来,你这个杂种!


Raise the alarm!
快敲警钟!


Help!
救命!


Meet me at the grove.
小树林见.


Ride!
快跑!


They're getting away!
他们跑了!


Go round back!
到后面去!


[Men Shouting]

Get him!
抓住他!


Come on!
快点!


Ah!

Murron?
美伦?


Murron!
美伦!


All of you know full well
你们都很清楚


the great pains I've always taken
我一直在努力


never to be too strict, too rigid
不让自己过于严格,苛刻的执行


with the application of our laws,
我们的法律,


and as a consequence,
但是结果,


have we not learned to live together
我们不也能比较和睦的!


in relative peace and harmony?
在这土地上一起生活吗?


Huh?

And this day's lawlessness
今天这种无法无天的行为


is how you repay my leniency!
就是你们对我的宽大仁慈的回报吗!


Well, you leave me with little choice.
你们让我别无选择.


An assault on the king's soldiers...
侮辱国王的士兵...


is the same as an assault on the king himself.
就等于是侮辱国王本人一样.


Now...
现在...


Let this scrapper come to me.
让这位好汉自己送上门来吧.


[Soldier] Sin'!
长官!


[Thunder]

There.
那里.


[Whinnying]

[Whinnying]

[Whinnying]

Aah!
啊!


Aah!
啊!


Argh!

Ahh!
啊!


Corporal.
下士.


Some archers on the tower now!
派些弓箭手上塔楼!


Ah! Aah...
啊...


Hold still.
别动.


Aah!
啊!


You idiot boy!
白痴!


Aah!
啊!


Argh!

Aah!
啊!


Unh!

Unh!

Father, how are you?
你没事吧?


Unh.

[Thunder]

Macaulish.
英雄之子.


Macaulish.
英雄之子.


Macaulish!
英雄之子!


[Everyone Chanting] Macaulish! Macaulish!
英雄之子! 英雄之子!


[Everyone Chanting] Wallace! Wallace! Wallace!
华莱士! 华莱士! 华莱士!


[Priest Reciting Latin Rites]

[Crying]

What you waiting for, boy?
还等什么,孩子?


[Laughing]

Here. You can do it.
给你.你来吧.


I'll hold him down.
我来拉住他.


Here. You can do it.
给你.你来吧.


I'll hold him down.
我去按住他.


Pour it straight in the

wound.
把它直接倒在伤口上.


It seems like a waste of good whiskey.
别怕浪费威士忌.


Indulge me. Ah!
多来点.啊!


Aah!
啊!


Hold him. Hold him.
按住他. 按住他.


Hold him.
按住他.


Now let him go.
好,放开他.


Aah!
啊!


I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
对不起.


[Laughter]

That'll wake you up in the morning, boy.
这会使你保持清醒的,孩子.


There's somebody coming!
有人来了!


Arm yourselves!
抄家伙!


There's somebody coming.
有人来了.


MacGregors... from the next clan.
是附近的麦克格瑞格家族的人.


We heard about what was happening.
这里发生的一切我们都听说了.


We don't want you amadans
我们觉得没有我们参加的话


thinking you can have your fun without us.
这件事就不好玩了.


Go home.
回家去吧.


Some of us are in this.
我们当中的一些人已经卷入了战争.


Cart help that now.
已经没法回头了.


But you can help yourselves.
但你们不必卷入战争.


Go home.
回家吧.


We'll have no homes left
如果城堡里的英国人


when the English garrison from the castle
来烧毁我们的家园


comes through and burns us out.
我们也就没家了.


And they will.
他们一定会这么做的.


Welcome.
欢迎.


Patrol returning, milord!
大人,巡逻队回来了!


So what news?
有什么消息吗?


I have dispatched 100 soldiers to Lanark.
我派了100名士兵去了勒纳克.


They will be returning now!
他们就要回来了!


What, are they dressed like this?
他们穿的和我们一样吧?


Actually, it was more like 50.
实际上,只有50多个人.


Make it quick.
快干掉他.


You remember me?
还记得我吗?


I never did her any harm.
我没有伤害她.


It was my right.
那是我的权力.


Your right?
权力?


I'm here to claim the right of a husband!
让我来行使丈夫的权力!


Ah!
啊!


I am William Wallace.
我是威廉姆华莱士.


And the rest of you will be spared.
我饶了你们这些人.


Go back to England and tell them there
滚回英格兰去,告诉那里的人


that Scotland's daughters and her sons are yours no more.
苏格兰的儿女不再受你们的奴役.


Tell them Scotland is free.
告诉他们苏格兰是自由的.


Burn it.
全烧掉.


[Applause]

The Scottish rebels have routed
苏格兰的叛民们


one of my garrisons
已经摧毁了我的一个要塞


and murdered the noble lord.
杀害了那里的贵族领主.


I heard.
我听说了.


This Wallace is a brigand, nothing more.
华莱士不过是个土匪,不值一提.


And how would you deal with this brigand?
那你要怎么对付这个土匪呢?


L

ike any common thief.
就象对付一般的贼那样.


Have the local magistrate arrest him
让当地地方官逮捕他,


and punish him accordingly.
并依法惩治他.


Leave us.
都退下.


Wallace has already killed the magistrate
华莱士已经杀死了地方官


and taken control of the town.
并控制了那座城市.


Stand up.
站起来.


Stand up.
站起来.


In the morning,
明天早上,


I depart for France to press our rights there,
我就要去法国 逼他们承认我们在那里的权力,


and I leave you here to quell this little rebellion.
我留你在这里平息这场小小的战乱.


Understood? Is it?
明白了吗?


Unh!

One day, you will be a king.
总有一天,你要成为国王的.


At least try to act like one.
起码要装的象一点.


Get away from me!
给我滚开!


Convene my military council.
召开军事会议.


[Speaking French]
我希望你丈夫去苏格兰,


去会会华莱士...

那你就成为寡妇了.

[Shouting]

Aah!
啊!


There!
在那儿!


After them.
快追上他们.


No point resisting.
你们被包围了.


You're outnumbered and trapped.
抵抗是没有用的.


Now, where are the rest of you? Where's Wallace?
你们的余党在哪儿? 华莱士在哪儿?


Father?
父亲?


Oh, come in. Come in.
进来.进来.


A rebellion has begun.
有人造反了.


Under whom?
谁是领袖?


A commoner...
一个平民...


named William Wallace.
名叫威廉姆华莱士.


You will embrace this rebellion.
你要利用这次造反.


Suppon't it from our lands in the north.
利用我们北方的土地支持他们.


I will gain English favor
而我则加以谴责,


by condemning it and ordering it opposed
并用南方的地产镇压他们,


from our lands in the south.
这样 我们就能获得英国人的支持.


Sit down.
坐下.


Stay awhile.
待一会吧.


This Wallace...
这个华莱士...


he doesn't even have a knighthood,
他连骑士都不是,


but he fights with passion,
但是他作战勇猛,


and he inspires.
一呼百应.


And you wish to charge off and fight as he did, eh?
你也想抛弃一切,象他那样战斗吗?


So would I.
我也希望.


Well, maybe it's time.
也许现在正是时候.


It is time...
现在...


to survive.
是求生的时候.


You're the 17th Roben't Bruce.
你是第17代罗伯特布鲁斯伯爵.


The 16 before you passed you land and title
之所以把土地和封号传给你


because they didn 't charge in.
是因为他们不好斗.


Call a meeting of the nobles.
召集贵族们开会吧.


They do nothing but talk.
他们就只会空谈.


Rightly so.
说的没错.


They're as ric

h in English titles and lands
但他们都和我们一样,


as they are in Scottish, just as we are.
在英格兰和苏格兰都有土地和封号.


You admire this man, this William Wallace.
你钦佩威廉姆华莱士.


Uncompromising men are easy to admire.
这人骨头比较硬是容易获得钦佩.


He has courage. So does a dog.
他很勇猛.但狗也很勇猛.


But it is exactly the ability to compromise
但要成为贵族,


that makes a man noble.
就必须懂得妥协.


And understand this...
你要记住--


Edward Longshanks is the most ruthless king
长腿爱德华是英国有史以来


ever to sit on the throne of England,
最残忍的国王,


and none of us and nothing of Scotland
如果我们不够残忍,


will remain unless we are as ruthless.
那我们和苏格兰的一切就都不复存在了.


Give ear to our nobles.
仔细听听贵族们的意见.


Knowing their minds
了解他们的想法,


is the key to the throne.
这是坐上国王宝座的唯一的钥匙.


Wait. Wait.
等一下..


Look.
看.


This is out, and this is left.
这个出来了, 这个歪到左边去了.


Carry on.
好了,走吧.


Carry on!
小心点!


[Speaking French]
等国王回来后, 会把他们和这些新衣服一起活埋的.


苏格兰已经天下大乱了.

你丈夫 正秘密派遣一只部队北上.

你怎么知道的?

我昨晚 和军事议事会的一名成员睡觉.

他不该在床上泄露机密的.

是啊.

英国人不知道怎么用舌头.

那个苏格兰叛民...华莱士?

他是为了给一个女人报仇才造反的吗?

对了, 我差点忘了说了.

有个地方官想抓住他,

他发现华莱士有个秘密情人.

他割断了那姑娘的喉咙,

想把华莱士引出来.

华莱士真的杀出来了.

失去了爱人的华莱士,异常勇猛.

他们为了抓住华莱士,

就破坏了他父亲和哥哥的坟墓.

并埋伏在他爱人的墓旁.

他杀出重围,

并把她的尸体带到一个秘密的地点.

这不就是爱吗?

爱?

我是不会懂的.

You know...
你们要知道...


eventually, Longshanks will send
长腿迟早有一天会派遣


his whole northern army against us.
他所有的北方军队来对付我们的.


Heavy cavalry, armored horse...
金甲铁莽--


shake the very ground.
地动山摇, 真是威力无比啊.


They'll ride right over us.
他们会踩死我们的.


Uncle Argyle used to talk about it,
奥盖尔叔叔说过,


how no army ever stood up to a charge of heavy horse.
什么军队 也抵挡不了重骑兵的攻击.


So what do we do?
那我们该怎么办?


Hit, run, hide, the Highland way.
打,跑,藏, 苏格兰高地人的战法.


We'll make spears.

我们要准备长矛.


Hundreds of them.
数以百计的.


Long spears... twice as long as a man.
有人的身高两倍那么长的.


That long?
那么长?


Aye.
是的.


Some men are longer than others.
有些人的特别长.


Your mother been telling you stories about me again.
你妈妈是在说我呢.


[Men Laughing]

[Man] Volunteers coming in!
自愿者们来了!


William Wallace,
威廉姆华莱士,


we've come to fight and to die for you.
我们来为你战斗,为你牺牲.


Stand up, man. I'm not the pope.
起来吧. 我不是教皇.


My name is Faudron. My sword is yours.
我叫佛德罗. 我将为你效劳.


I brought you this.
我给你带来这个.


[Man] We checked them for arms.
我们搜过身了.


I brought you this.
我给你带来这个.


My wife made it for you.
这是我妻子为你做的.


Thank you.
谢谢.


[Man Chuckling]

Him? That cart be William Wallace.
他? 他不可能是威廉姆华莱士.


I'm prettier than this man.
这个人还没我帅呢.


All right, Father. I'll ask him.
好了,主. 我来问问他.


If I risk my neck for you,
如果我冒着生命危险入伙,


will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
我是否有机会杀英国人?


Is your father a ghost,
你老爸是鬼吗,


or do you converse with the Almighty?
要不你就是在和上帝说话?


To find his equal, an Irishman talks to God.
爱尔兰人找不到对手, 就只好和上帝聊天了.


The Almighty says don't change the subject.
上帝说你们不要转移话题.


Just answer the fucking question.
快他妈的回答我的问题.


Mind your tongue.
你嘴巴放干净点.


Insane Irish.
爱尔兰疯子.


Smart enough to get a dagger past your guards, old man.
老头, 我能带着匕首骗过警卫,够精明了吧.


That's my friend, Irishman,
这是我的朋友,爱尔兰人,


and the answer to your question is yes.
对你的问题,回答是"是".


You fight for me, you get to kill the English.
你为我战斗的话就可以杀英国人.


Excellent!
好极了!


Stephen is my name.
我叫斯蒂芬.


I'm the most wanted man on my island,
我是我的岛国上的头号通缉犯,


except I'm not on my island, of course.
只可惜我不在我的岛国上.


More's the pity.
太可惜了.


Your island? You mean Ireland?
你的岛国? 指爱尔兰吗?


Yeah. It's mine.
对.它是我的.


You're a madman.
你是个疯子.


Ha ha ha!
哈哈哈!


Ha ha ha!
哈哈哈!


I've come to the right place, then.
那我可是来对地方了.


Aah!

Sure didn't the Almighty send me to watch your back?
上帝派我来保护你.


I didn't like him anyway.
我就是不喜欢这家伙.


He wasn't right i

n the head.
他脑子有毛病.


It's several runners!
我们的探子回来了!


Hello.

The English are advancing an army toward Stirling.
有支英国军队朝斯特林来了.


Do the nobles rally?
贵族们聚集军队了吗?


Roben't the Bruce and most of the others
罗伯特布鲁斯和其他大多数贵族


will not commit to battle,
都不参加战斗,


but word has spread,
但还有传言,


and the Highlanders are coming down on their own.
高地人会来帮助我们打仗.


In droves of hundreds and thousands.
对,成千上万人.


Are you ready for a war?
你们准备好迎战了吗?


[Cheering]

What news?
有什么消息?


We're outnumbered, at least three to one.
敌方人数比我们多两倍.


How many horse?
有多少骑兵?


300. Maybe more.
300. 可能更多.


300 heavy horse?
有300重骑兵?


We must negotiate.
我们必须和谈.


Who's in command?
谁是指挥官?


Did he have a scarlet chevron?
他带着红色臂章吗?


Aye, he did.
是的.


We can still negotiate.
我想我们还可以和谈.


[Indistinct Conversation]

What are they talking about?
他们在说什么?


I cart hear, but it does not look good.
我听不见, 不过不是好事.


The nobles will negotiate.
贵族们要和谈.


They'll do a deal,
他们要谈成了,


then we go home.
我们就能回家.


If not, we charge.
否则,我们就开战.


We have no chance.
我们别无选择.


[Distant Rumbling]

[Rumbling Drawing Closer]

So many.
那么多.


I didn't come here to fight
我来这儿打仗


so they could own more lands.
可不是 为了让他们获得更多的土地.


Then I'll have to work for them.
接着我还得为他们干活.


Nor me.
我也不是.


All right, lads! I'm not dying for these bastards.
好吧,孩子们! 我不想为这帮杂种卖命.


Let's go home!
我们回家去!


[Men Murmuring]

Stop, men! Do not flee!
站住!别逃跑!


Wait until we've negotiated!
等我们谈判完了再说!


William Wallace.
威廉姆华莱士.


Cart be. Not tall enough.
不可能. 他不够高.


The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight.
主说, 这肯定是一场精彩的战斗.


It's drawn the finest people.
来这儿的都是最棒的战士.


Where is thy salute?
你们为什么不行礼?


For presenting yourselves on this battlefield,
为了感谢你们能亲赴沙场参战,


I give you thanks.
我向你们致意.


This is our army.
这是我们的军队.


To join it, you give homage.
你要参加,就必须向我们效忠.


I give homage to Scotland,
我效忠于苏格兰,


and if this is your army...
如果这是你们的军队...


why does it go?


他们为什么要走?


We didn't come here to fight for them!
我们不是来这儿为他们打仗的!


[Shouting in Agreement]

Home! The English are too many.
回家吧! 英国人太多了.


Sons of Scotland...
苏格兰的子民们...


I am William Wallace.
我是威廉姆华莱士.


William Wallace is 7 feet tall.
威廉姆华莱士有7英尺高.


Yes. I've heard.
是啊,我也听说了.


He kills men by the hundreds,
他杀的人数以百计,


and if he were here, he'd consume the English
如果他在这儿, 他就能眼睛喷出火球,


with fireballs from his eyes
屁股放出闪电,


and bolts of lightning from his arse.
干掉英国人.


[Laughter]

I am William Wallace...
我就是威廉姆华莱士...


and I see a whole army of my countrymen
我看见了一只由我同胞组成的,


here in defiance of tyranny.
反对暴政的大军.


You've come to fight as free men.
你们是以自由之身来参加战斗的.


And free men you are.
你们是自由的人.


What will you do with that freedom?
没有自由你们会怎么做?


Will you fight?
你们还会战斗吗?


- No! - No!
不! 不!

- No! - No!

不! 不!


Against that? No!
还会战斗吗? 不!


We will run, and we will live.
我们会逃命,我们要活命.


Aye.
是啊.


Fight, and you may die.
如果战斗,你们可能会死.


Run, and you'll live...
如果逃跑,至少还能...


at least awhile.
多活一会儿.


And dying in your beds many years from now,
年复一年,直到寿终正寝,


would you be willing to trade
你们愿不愿意


all the days from this day to that
用这么多苟活的日子


for one chance... just one chance...
去换一个机会--就一个机会--


to come back here and tell our enemies
回到这里,告诉我们的敌人


that they may take our lives,
他们也许能夺走我们的生命,


but they'll never take our freedom?
但他们永远夺不走我们的自由?


[Cheering]

Albagu bra!
自由!


[Cheering]

They seem quite optimistic to me.
他们看起来还挺乐观.


Maybe they do want to fight.
也许他们真的想打一仗.


Confrontation might be a foregone conclusion, milord,
看来对抗是不可避免了,大人,


but, nonetheless,
尽管如此,


I think we should deliver the king's terms.
我们还是应该传达国王的旨意.


The king's terms? He'll never live up to them.
国王的旨意? 放心吧,他们不会同意的.


Milord, I think...
大人,我想--


All right. Offer them the terms.
好吧.向他们传达旨意吧.


[Craig] Shall we go and meet them?
他们来了,我们要去谈判吗?


[Mornay] Let me do the talking.
由我来谈,好吗?



Agreed.
好的.


Fine speech.
精彩的演讲.


Now what do we do?
我们该怎么办?


Just be yourselves.
各自保重.


Where are you going?
你要去哪儿?


I'm going to pick a fi ght.
我去叫阵.


Hyah!

[Neigh]

Well, we didn't get dressed up for nothing.
是啊, 要不我们画成这样干吗.


Mornay, Lochlan, Craig.
莫纳,洛克兰,克雷格.


Here are the king's terms...
我来宣布国王的旨意--


Lead this army off the field...
带着这只部队离开战场...


and he will give you each estates in Yorkshire,
你们每人都将在约克郡得到一块封地,


including hereditary title,
和世袭的爵位,


from which you will pay...
为此你们要--


from which you will pay him an annual duty...
为此你们要向国王缴纳赋税--


I have an offer foryou.
我也有条件要说.


Cheltham, this is William Wallace.
这是威廉姆华莱士.


From which you will pay the king an annual duty...
为此你们要向国王缴纳赋税--


I said I have an offer foryou.
我给你提个条件.


You disrespect a banner oftruce?
你不尊重停战?


From his king? Absolutely.
和他的国王? 不可能.


Here are Scotland's terms...
这是苏格兰的条件--


Loweryour flags and march
降下你们的旗帜,


straight back to England,
回英格兰去,


stopping at every home you pass by
每经过一户人家


to beg forgiveness
都要停下来, 为百年来的烧杀夺掠


for 100 years oftheft, rape, and murder.
乞求宽恕.


Do that, and your men shall live.
要是照办,你们这些人就能活着.


Do it not, and every one of you will die today.
否则,你们所有人今天都得死.


Ha ha ha ha!
哈哈哈哈!


You are outmatched.
你们势单力薄.


You have no heavy cavalry.
你们没有重骑兵.


In two centuries, no army has won...
两百年以来,没有军队能--


I'm not finished!
我还没说完!


Before we let you leave,
在我们放你们走以前,


your commander must cross that field,
你们的指挥官必须穿过战场,


present himself before this army,
站在我军的面前,


put his head between his legs,
把头伸到两腿中间,


and kiss his own arse.
去吻自己的屁股.


I'd say that was rather less cordial than he's used to.
这回他可没以前那么热诚了.


Be ready and do exactly as I say.
作好准备,照我说的做.


On my signal,
见到我的信号,


ride round behind our position and flank them.
你们就骑马从后面绕过去.


We must not divide our forces.
把我们的部队分开.


Do it, and let the English see you do it.
就这么办,让英国人看见你们的举动.


They'll think we run away.
他们会认为我们逃跑了.




Take out their archers. I'll meet you in the middle.
干掉他们的弓箭手. 我会和你们在战场中央会合的.


Right.
对.


Come on.
干吧.


Hyah!

[Praying In Latin]

Insolent bastard.
无法无天的杂种.


I want this Wallace's heart on a plate.
我要把华莱士的心都挖出来.


Archers.
弓箭手.


Archers! Archers!
弓箭手!弓箭手!


Archers!
弓箭手!


Archers, forward!
弓箭手,上前!


[Neigh]

Aah!
啊!


[Shouting]

You bastards!
杂种!


Loose!
放箭!


The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess,
主说他会保佑我大难不死,


but He's pretty sure you're fucked.
可你肯定要完蛋.


Ha ha ha!
哈哈哈!


Aah!
啊!


[Shouting]

Ready!
预备!


Loose!
放箭!


Ride!
快走!


See. Every Scot with a horse is fleeing.
看.苏格兰的骑兵都在逃跑.


Our cavalry will ride them down like grass.
我们的骑兵 会把他们象草一样的踏扁.


Send the horse.
让骑兵出击.


Full attack.
进攻.


Steady!
稳住!


Hold!
别动!


Hold!
别动!


Hold!
别动!


Hold!
别动!


Now!
上!


Send the infantry.
步兵出击.


You lead them!
由你率领!


Aah!
啊!


Retreat!
撤退!


Aah!
啊!


Bastard!
杂种!


All right.
结束了.


Aah!
啊!


Aah!
啊!


[Everyone Shouting] Wallace! Wallace!
华莱士!华莱士!


I knight thee Sire William Wallace.
我封你为威廉姆华莱士爵士.


Sire William, in the name of God,
威廉姆爵士, 我们以上帝的名义,


we declare and appoint thee
委任你为


guardian and high protector of Scotland
苏格兰护国大将军.


and thy captains as aides-de-camp.
你的指挥官们为侍从副将.


Stand and be recognized.
起立受礼吧.


[Cheering]

Does anyone know his politics?
有谁知道他的政治立场吗?


No, but his weight with the commoners
没人知道. 不过他在平民中的影响,


could unbalance everything.
是不可动摇的.


The Balliols will kiss his arse,
贝列尔部族会巴结他的,


and so we must.
所以我们也得这么干.


Sire William.
威廉姆爵士.


Sire William...
威廉姆爵士...


inasmuch as you and your captains
签于你和你的部下


hail from a region
来自一个


long known to support the Balliol clan,
长期支持我们贝列尔部族的地区,


may we invite you to continue your support
我们想请你继续支持我们


and uphold our rightful claim.
并维护我们的合法权益.


Damn the Balliol clan!
去你的贝列尔部族!


They're all Longshanks' men!
他们都是长腿的走狗!


Gentlemen.

生们.


Gentlemen.
先生们.


Now is the time to declare a king.
我们现在就推举国王吧.


You're prepared to recognize our legitimate succession?
那你就是准备承认我们的合法继位权了?


You're the ones who won't suppon't the rightful...
你们不会支持合法的--


Those were lies...
那这些一开始就是谎言--


Oh, no. That's the truth.
不对. 那是事实.


I demand recognition of these documents!
我要求承认这些文件!


These documents were lies when you wrote them!
你写的那些文件都是谎言!


[Shouting]

Gentlemen, please! Gentlemen!
请大家不要吵了!


Please, gentlemen!
请别吵了!


Wait! Sire William, where are you going?
等一等!威廉姆爵士, 你去哪儿?


We have beaten the English,
我们打败了英国人,


but they'll come back
但他们还会回来的!


because you won't stand together.
因为你们不团结.


What will you do?
那你要干什么?


I will invade England
我会进军英格兰,


and defeat the English on their own ground.
在英国人自己的土地上打败他们.


Ha ha ha! Invade? That's impossible.
哈哈哈!进军英格兰? 那不可能.


Why?
为什么?


Why is that impossible?
为什么不可能?


You're so concerned with squabbling
你们为了长腿餐桌上的残羹剩饭


for the scraps from Longshanks' table
而争吵不休.


that you've missed your God-given right
却忘记了上帝赐予你们的!


to something better.
更大的权利.


There's a difference between us.
我们之间存在差异.


You think the people of this country exist
你们认为苏格兰人民生来


to provide you with position.
就是为你们效劳的.


I think your position exists
我却认为你们应该用自己的地位


to provide those people with freedom,
来保证他们的自由.


and I go to make sure that they have it.
我要确保他们获得自由.


Wait!
等一等!


I respect what you said,
我尊重你所说的话,


but remember that these men
不过要记住:这些人


have lands and castles.
都有土地和城堡.


It's much to risk.
这样做太冒险了.


The common man that bleeds on the battlefield...
难道那些在战场上流血的平民们--


does he risk less?
冒的风险就少了吗?


No...
不少...


but from top to bottom,
不过这个国家从上到下,


this country has got no sense of itself.
根本就没有国家观念.


Its nobles share allegiance with England.
这些贵族们和英格兰的贵族们共奉一主.


Its clans war with each other.
各个部族之间互相残杀.


Aye.
不是吗?


If you make enemies on both sides of the border,
如果你两面树敌的话,


you'll end up

dead.
你就只有死路一条.


We all end up dead.
我们都会死.


It's just a question of how and why.
那要看怎么死,为什么死.


I want what you want,
我和你想的一样,


but we need the nobles.
但我们需要他们的支持.


We need them?
我们需要他们的支持?


Aye.
对.


Nobles.
贵族们.


Tell me, what does that mean... to be noble?
请问,高贵意味着什么?


Your title gives you claim
你的爵位能让你有资格


to the throne of our country,
成为苏格兰国王,


but men don't follow titles,
可人们不追随有爵位的人,


they follow courage.
他们追随勇者.


Now, our people know you.
现在,人们都认识你.


Noble and common... they respect you,
贵族和平民-- 大家都尊重你.


and if you would just lead them to freedom...
如果你领导苏格兰人民奔向自由...


they'd follow you.
他们就会追随你.


And so would I.
我也会的.


Damn it!
混帐!


My sodomite cousin the prince tells me
我的同性恋堂弟告诉我


he has no troops to lend,
他没有军队可派,


and every town in Northern England is begging for help.
北英格兰的每座城池都在求救.


[Neigh]

He advances!
威廉姆出兵了!


To which town?
向哪个城市?


To here, milord.
向这里来了.


Bring the provisions inside!
把粮食和物资运进城来!


Double the wall guards! Seal the gate! Now!
守城人数加倍! 封锁城门!快点!


Hyah!
是!


Bring in the provisions!
把粮食和物资运进城来!


[Shouting Orders]

Sire, we can get you out if you leave now.
大人,你现在走还来得及.


I'm not about to tell my uncle
我不想告诉国王!


I've lost him the greatest city in Northern England.
我丢掉了英格兰北部最重要的城池!


Come on!
上!


Make way for the king!
给国王让路!


It's not your fault.
这不是你的错.


Stand up to him!
别怕他!


I will stand up to him and more.
我才不怕他呢.


[Footsteps]

What news of the north?
北方有什么消息吗?


Nothing new, Your Majesty.
没什么消息,陛下.


We've sent riders to speed any word.
我们派了快马来尽快传递消息.


I heard the word in France,
我在法国,


where I was fighting to expand your future kingdom.
努力为你扩展未来王国的疆土.


The word, my son,
可我却听说,


is that our entire northern army is annihilated...
我们的北方军队全军覆没了...


and you have done nothing.
而你却无所作为.


L-I have ordered conscriptions.
我已下令征召新兵.


They're assembled and ready to depart.
他们已经整装待发了.


Excuse me, sire, but there's a very urgent message fro

m York.
对不起,陛下. 约克城有急报.


Come.
拿来.


Leave us.
离开把.


Thank you, sire.
谢谢,陛下.


Uh, W-Wallace has sacked York.
华莱士洗劫了约克城.


What?
什么?


Wallace has sacked York.
华莱士洗劫了约克城.


Uh!

Oh.

Sire...
陛下...


thy own nephew.
是你的亲侄子.


What beast could do such a thing?
什么禽兽能干出这种事?


If he can sack York...
他洗劫了约克城...


he can invade Lower England.
就能侵入英格兰南部.


We would stop him!
我们要阻止他!


Who is this person who speaks to me
这位是谁啊?


as though I needed his advice?
好象我得听他的意见?


I have declared Phillip my high counselor.
菲利普是我的高级顾问.


Is he qualified?
他能行吗?


I am skilled in the arts of war
我精通战术,剑术


and military tactics, sire.
和军事谋略,陛下.


Are you?
是吗?


Then tell me... what advice would you offer
那请告诉我... 在目前的情况下


on the, uh, present, uh,
你有什么高见,


situation?
可以对付--?


Aah!
啊!


I shall offer a truce...
我应该提出休战...


and buy him off.
并收买他.


But who will go to him?
但派谁去和他谈呢?


Not I.
我不可能去.


If I fell under the sword of that murderer,
如果我倒在这个杀人魔王的剑下,


it might be my head in a basket.
我的脑袋也会被放在篮子里的.


And not my gentle son.
我高贵的儿子也不能去.


The mere sight of him
敌人看到他这副德性


would only encourage an enemy to take over the whole country.
就敢侵夺整个国家.


[Coughing]

So whom do I send?
我该派谁去呢?


Whom do I send?
派谁去?


[Twig Snaps]

I'm dreaming.
我是在做梦.


Yes, you are.
对,你在做梦.


And you must wake.
你必须醒了.


Uh...

I don't want to wake.
我不想醒.


I want to stay here with you.
我想和你在一起.


And I with you...
我会陪着你...


but you must wake now.
但你必须醒了.


Wake up, William.
醒醒,威廉姆.


Wake up.
醒醒.


William, wake up, wake up.
威廉姆,醒醒吧.


William!
威廉姆!


A royal entourage comes!
来了一个王室的随从!


Flying banners of truce!
他挥着求和的旗帜,


And the standards of Longshanks himself!
和长腿的王旗!


I am the princess of Wales.
我是威尔斯王妃.


I come as the king's servant
我经国王授权


and with his authority.
来此谈判.


To do what?
有何贵干?


To discuss the king's proposals.
来讨论国王的提议.


Will you speak with a woman?
你会和一个女人谈判吗?


I understand you h

ave recently been given the rank of knight.
我听说你最近被封为爵士.


I have been given nothing.
我什么都没有得到.


God makes men what they are.
上帝决定了人们的身份.


Did God make you the sacker of peaceful cities?
难道上帝让你洗劫美丽的城市?


The executioner of the king's nephew,
杀害国王的侄子,


my husband's own cousin?
我丈夫的堂兄?


York was the staging point
约克城是对我国


for every invasion of my country,
历次入侵的集结地.


and that royal cousin hanged innocent Scots,
这位国王的侄子 吊死了很多无辜的苏格兰人,


even women and children from the city walls.
包括妇女和孩子.


Well, Longshanks did far worse
长腿上次侵占苏格兰城池时


the last time he took a Scottish city.
要杀的惨多了.


[Speaking Latin]
他是个冷血杀人狂.


他在撒谎.

我从不撒谎.

不过我是个粗人.

要是你们愿意,说法语也行?

You ask your king to his face.
你去当面问问你们的国王.


Ask him.
去问问.


You see if his eyes can convince you of the truth.
看着他的眼睛, 你也许会知道真相.


Hamilton, leave us.
哈密尔敦,退下.


Milady...
夫人--


Leave us. Now.
退下.快点.


Let us talk plainly.
我们坦白的说吧.


You invade England,
你侵入了英格兰,


but you cannot complete the conquest
不过凭你的补给和实力


so far from your shelter and supply.
你不可能征服整个英格兰的.


The king desires peace.
国王渴望和平.


Longshanks desires peace?
长腿渴望和平?


He declares it to me. I swear it.
他亲口告诉我的. 我发誓.


He proposes that you withdraw your attack.
他建议你停止进攻并撤回去.


In return, he grants you title, estates,
作为回报, 他可以给你贵族头衔,土地,


and this chest of gold,
和这箱金子,


which I am to pay to you personally.
这些我会当面交给你的.


A lordship and titles...
封地,爵位...


gold...
还有黄金...


that I should become Judas?
你要把我变成犹大吗?


Peace is made in such ways.
和平就是这么来的.


Slaves are made in such ways!
奴隶也是这么来的!


The last time Longshanks spoke of peace,
长腿上次大谈和平的时候,


I was a boy,
我还只是个孩子,


and many Scottish nobles,
很多不想做奴隶的!


who would not be slaves,
苏格兰贵族,


were lured by him, under a flag of truce,
被这个打着和平旗号的家伙


to a barn... where he had them hanged.
引诱到谷仓里...吊死了他们.


I was very young,
当时我很小,


but I remember Longshanks' notion of peace.
但我记住了长腿的和平是什么样的.


I

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档