当前位置:文档之家› 海员专业英语基础知识

海员专业英语基础知识

(1) Cases 箱装货
seal off 保险铅印(封条)脱落
seal missing 保险铅印(封条)失落
nails off 铁钉脱落
nails started (nails loose) 钉松
case with nail holes 箱板有钉洞
case re-nailed 箱子翻钉
hoops (bangs) missing 箍失落
case plank (board) bulged 箱板凸出
case plank (board) dented 箱板凹
case plank (board) broken 箱板破
case plank (board) split (cracked) 箱板裂
case plank (board) warped 箱板弯翘
case plank (board) patched 箱板修补
case plank (board) scorched 箱板焦
bottom skid broken 箱底焦
oil-stained (stained by oil) 箱底托木断
wet-stained 油渍
stained by moisture 湿渍
contents stained 内货沾污
contents exposed 内货外露
contents short 内货短少
contents leaking out 内货漏出
contents short weight 内货重量不足
contents empty 内货全无
contents unknown 内货不详
contents smelling out 内货气味外溢
case crushed 箱子压坏
top of case crushed 箱顶压坏
case deformed (mis-shaped) 箱子变形
case upside down (arrow mark down) 箱子倒置
second-hand case planks 旧箱板
old case (used case) 旧箱
frail case 箱子不牢固
marks indistinct 标志不清
damaged by hooks 钩损
damaged owing to collision 撞损
damaged owing to pressing (squeezing) 挤损
damaged owing to crushing 压损
damaged owing to towing 拖损

(2)Bags 袋装货
seam slack 缝口松
seam open 缝口松开
cover with small holes 袋皮有小洞
hook holes 手钩破洞
bags leaky 袋子漏
bags torn 袋子破
bags empty 袋子空
bags covers dirty (dirtstained) 袋子有脏渍
bags cover torn 袋皮破
bags stained by contents 袋子被内货渍污
bags stained by syrup 袋子被糖汁渍污
bags stained by sweat 袋子被汗渍水渍污
oil-stained 油渍
dry oil stains 干油渍
water-stained 水渍
dry water stains 干水渍
wet-stained 湿渍
wet with (by) water 水湿
wet with (by) rain 雨湿
wet with moisture (damp) 潮湿渍
soaked, saturated 浸湿
damp amd mouldy 潮湿发霉
mouldy, moulded, mildewy, mildewed 霉,霉点
rotten 霉烂
melted 融化
tainted 腐烂
damaged by insects 虫损
worm-eaten 虫咬(玉米)
damaged by rats 鼠咬
damaged by fire 烧损
contents exposed 内货外露
contents running out 内货脱出
contents sprouting 内货发芽
contents becoming molasses 内货变糖浆
contents melted 内货融化
second-hand bags (used bags) 旧袋
repaired (mended) bags 修补袋
re-seamed (bags) 重缝袋
empty spare bags 备用空袋


(3)Bales 包装货
bales slack 松包
bales off 散包
hoops off 箍脱落
cover torn 包皮破
cover torn by hand hooks 手钩扯破包皮
hook holes 手钩破洞
cover dirty 包皮脏渍
oil-stained (stained by oil) 油渍
dirt-stained 脏渍
wet-stained 湿渍
wet with sweat 汗湿渍
wet with moisture 潮湿渍
water

-stained 水渍
dry water stains 干水渍
mildew-stained 霉渍点
mould- stained 霉渍
bales burst 炸包
scorched 烧焦


(4)Bundles 捆装货
bundles off 散捆
hoops off 箍脱落
hoops missing 箍失落
rings off 圆箍脱落
rings missing 圆箍失落
screws damaged 螺丝口损坏
bundles slack (loose) 松捆
bundles deformed 捆变形
joint off 接头失落
metal-envelope rusty 金属包皮锈
cover rusty 包皮锈
cover off 包皮脱落
cover missing 包皮失落
edge folded 卷边
corner folded 卷角
pipes (tubes) bent 管子弯曲
pipes (tubes) split 管子裂
pipe ends split 管子口裂
pipe dented on both ends 管子两头凹进
screwing threads damaged 螺丝口残损
chafes 擦损
frayed 磨损
scratched 划损
chipped 切损
hole by forklift hands (fork arms) *式装卸车齿洞

(5) Barrels and Drums 桶装货
cap (top, head ) off 桶盖脱落
staves off 桶板脱落
bungs off 桶塞脱落
hoops off (bands off) 桶箍脱落
hoops rusty 桶箍锈
drums leaky (leaking) 桶漏
drums oozing 桶渗漏
contents leaking out 内货漏出
rusty and leaky 锈和漏损
rusty and dented 锈和瘪损
drum lib loose 桶盖松
drum lid missing 桶盖脱落
bottom off 脱底
drums empty 空桶
drums rusty 锈桶
drums dented 瘪桶
drums bulged 凸桶
drums re-soldered (re-welded) 重焊桶

(6)Cans and jars 罐坛货
oozing 渗漏
leaking 漏
slightly leaking 微漏
sprung out (内容物)涌出
cracked 撞裂
broken 打破
tops off 无盖;脱盖
bottoms off 脱底
bungs off 塞子脱落
heads broken 罐顶打破

(7) Rubber bales 包装橡胶
water-stained 水渍
dry water stains 干水渍
oil-stained 油渍
dry oil stains 干油渍
dirt-stained 脏渍
mould-stained 霉渍
sticky 发粘
two bales sticking together 两包粘在一起
corroded by oil 受油腐蚀
cover torn 包皮破
marking indistinct 标志不清

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 作者:四分之一老轨
-- 发布时间:2006-4-14 16:04:27

--

第三部份:海员社交用语


(一)邀请
1)你想在我们船上看一部中国电影吗?
Would you like to see a Chinese movie on board our ship?
2)请你来尝一尝我们的中国菜好吗?
Won\'t you come over and try some of our Chinese dishes?
3)你想下一盘象棋吗?
Would you care for a game of chess?
4)今天晚上和我们一起去跳舞好吗?
Will you go to dance with us tonight?
5)跟我们一起去海员俱乐部痛痛快快玩一玩怎么样?
How would you like to go to the Seamen\'s Club with me and enjoy ourselves?
6)今天去看京剧怎么样?
How about going to see a Beijing opera today?
7)你想玩玩台球来轻松一下吗?
Do you feel like playing billiards to relax ourselves a little bit?
8)你愿不愿意到

甲板上散散步?
Do you fancy taking a walk on deck?
9)不知道你是否想喝一杯咖啡?
I wonder if you would like a cup of coffee?
10)我想请你这个周末去野餐,我可是不准你不去啊。
I\'d invite you to a picnic this weekend, but I simply won\'t take “No” for an answer.
11)我船定于星期日晚上举行宴会,如能请到你作为我们的贵宾,我们将不行荣幸。
There is going to be a banquet on board on Sunday evening. May we have the honour of having you as our guest of honour?
12)我们已向你们发出请贴,欢迎你们船所有船员及其夫人光临。
We\'ve sent you invitation cards. All the crew members of your ship and their wives are welcome.
13)我们敬请贵公司总经理今天晚上光临,不知是否能赏光?
I wonder if we could have the pleasure of having your general director with us this evening?
14)你和你的夫人如能光临我们的国庆庆祝会,我们将不胜荣幸。
We\'d be greatly honoured if you and your wife could come to our National Day celebration.
15、招待会定于圣诞节前夕七点钟在我船大台举行,欢迎各位来我船。
The rception is scheduled for Christmas Eve at 7 o\'clock at our saloon.Welcome aboard.



(二)接待
1)我看,你是史密斯代理行的布鲁斯先生吧?
You are Mr. Bruce from Smith Agency, I suppose
2)对不起,你是不是理货班长?
Excuse me, but are you the Chief Tally?
3)请问你想见谁?轮机长呢,还是大管轮?
Who do you want to see, may I ask, the Chife Engineer or the Second Engineer?
4)先生们,欢迎光临我船。
Welcome aboard, gentlemen!
5)我是值班水手,我们的船长让我在舷梯口接你。
I am the sailor on duty, our captain has asked me to meet you here at the gangway.
6)让我给你带路。
Let me show you the way.
7)请你先走。
After you, please.
8)要不要我带你去大台?
Shall I take you to the saloon?
9)走路留神,甲板很滑。
Mind your steps, the deck is slippery.
10)请这边走,那里的过道给甲板货堵死了。
Please go this way, the passage over there is blocked by deck cargo.
11)咱们离吊杆远一点走。
Let\'s keep away from the derricks.
12)请你在我们大台先休息一下好吗?
Would you like to have a rest in our saloon first?
13)要不要把你的大衣脱掉,我来替你挂上。
Would you like totake off your overcoat? I\'ll hang for you.
14)你总算来了,我接到你的电话后一直在等你来。
Here you are at last. I\'ve been expecting you ever since I got your phone call.
15)请你坐下,随便一点好吗?
Won\'t you take a seat and make yourself at home?
16)让你久等了实在抱歉。
Sorry to have kept you waiting such a long tine.
17)我能为你做点什么?
Could you please tell me what I can do for you?
18)我们

的大副不在,你有没有口信要留给他。
Our chief officer isn\'t in. Have you got any messege for him?
19)我们现在就开始谈正经事好吗?
Shall we get down to business now?
20)我想你是来讨论配载图的吧。
You\'ve come to talk about the cargo plan, I suppose.
21)坦白地告诉你,这是不可能的。
To be frank with you, it\'s out of the question.
22)这恐怕是违反我们的规章制度的。
I am afraid it\'s against our rule.
23)没有我们水手长的同意,什么事也办不成。
Without our bosun\'s permission, nothing can be done.
24)我无权给你直接答复,我得和我们船长商量。
It\'s beyond my power to give you a straight answer, I\'ll have to consult with our captain.
25)我会好好考虑这件事,而且在下星期告诉你我们的决定。
I\'ll take the matter into consideration and let you know our decision sometime next week.
26)咱们一起尽力在我船离港前找到一个解决问题的办法。
Let\'s do our best to find a solution to the problem before our ship leaves.
27)不要着急说不行,咱们双方都再把这件事考虑一下。
There is no hurry to say“no”. Let\'s both give the matter a second thought.
28)我们为什么不妥协一下而一定要坚持自己的立场不肯让步呢?
Why don\'t we make a comprise instead of sticking to each ground?
29)我很高兴我们双方对所有的问题取得了一致的意见。
I am glad we\'ve seen everything eye to eye.
30)等一下,我让值班水手送你到舷梯口。
Wait a moment! I\'ll ask the sailor on duty to see you to the gangway.



(三)介绍
1)我看我们以前没有见过面,让我来介绍一下自己。
I don\'t think we\'ve met before. Let me introduce myself to you.
2)我得先介绍一下我自己,我叫王林,在中国远洋运输公司工作。
I\'ve got to introduce myself first. My name is Wang Lin from the China Ocean Shipping Company.
3)斯赛塞先生,我想请你认识一下我的新相识,装卸公司的威廉先生。
Mr.Spencer, I\'d like you to meet one of my new acquaintance, Mr. Williams from the Stevedoring Company.
4)认识你很高兴。
Glad to meet you.
5)认真你是我莫大的荣幸。
It\'s my great pleasure to know you.
6)不用介绍了,我们已经认识了。
No introduction is necessary, we already know each other.
7)你怎么认识他的?
How did you come to know him?
8)我们是偶然在一艘中国船上相互认识的。
We got to know each other on a Chinese ship by accident.
9)请你给我引见一下港监的负责人好吗?
Will you be so kind as to present me to the head of the harbour superintendence?
10)我是否有此荣幸认识一下你们的港务局局长吗?
May I have the honour of getting acquainted with your harbour master?
11)我一直非常想认识你,可是没有

想到今天在这里认识你。
I\'ve been eager to know you, but I didn\'t expect to meet you here today.
12)我知道你这个人,但一直没有荣幸认识你。
I know of you, but I haven\'t had the pleasure of meeting you.
13)你的同事一直给我讲有关你的事,但我没想到那么快而且在这个场合认识你。
Your colleagues have been telling me about you, but I didn\'t dream of meeting you so soon and on this occasion.
14)我刚才把你错当作海关的格林先生了。请问尊姓大名?
I took you for Mr Green from the Customs just now. May I know your name?
15)如果我的眼睛没有欺骗你,你是领班马丁先生。
If my eyes don\'t deceive me, you are Mr. Martin, the forman.
16)如果我没有搞错的话,你是卡特先生的兄弟。
If I am not mistaken, you are Mr. Carter\'s brother.
17)原来你是福特先生的公子,怪不得长得那么象他。
It turns out that you are Mr. Ford\'s son. No wonder you are the very image of him.
18)既然我们今天相识了,希望今后互相赠进了解。
Now that we know each other today I hope we\'ll get to know each other better.
19)从今天开始,我肯定我们能指望得到你更多的指导和帮助。
From now on, I am sure we could count on your for more advice and help.


(四)约会
1)我能不能约你星期一早晨见面呢?
Could I make an appointment with you for Monday morning?
2)不知道你们经理今天下午是否能见我?我有点急事。
I wonder if your director could see me this afternoon. I\'ve got something urgent.
3)我明天早晨十点左右到你办公室找你行吗?
Is it all right for me to call at your office at around ten o\'clock tomorrow morning?
4)为什么不定在下星期某一个时间呢?
Why not make it sometime next week?
5)我能不能占用你几分钟来讨论一下如何来处理残损货?
Could I take up a few minutes of yours to talk about what to do with the damaged cargo?
6)我今天是否有可能见到港务局局长本人?
Is it possible for me to see the harbour master in person today?
7)你得提前三天预约。
You\'ve got to make an appointment three days in advance.
8)我知道他这个星期全部排满了,你能不能给安排下星期什么时间?
I know he is all filled up this week. Could you fix up sometime next week?
9)下星期五早晨你方便吗?
Will next Friday morning be convenient to you?
10)什么时间对你最合适?
When do you think suit you most?
11)今天任何时间对我都合适。
Any time today will suit me.
12)我真希望你们轮机长星期五早晨能见我。
I do hope your chief engineer could see me on Friday morning.
13)如果有什么变动,我会在星期四之前通知你的。
If there is any change, I\'ll let you know before Thursday.
14)我来落实一下你们船长是否能在下

星期一见我。
I\'ve come to make sure if your captain will be able to see me next Monday.
15)轮机长留下了口信,他将很乐于见你。
The chief engineer has left a message for you. He\'ll be glad to see you.
16)我想知道是否能把我与轮机长会面时间从星期二早晨九点改成星期三下午三点。
I\'d like to know if I could change my appointment with your chief engineer from nine o\'clock Tuesday morning to three o\'clock Wednesday afternoon.
17)哈里森先生打电话来问大副是否可以在这个星期什么时候重新订一个会面时间。
Mr. Harrison has called to ask if the Chief Officer could make a new appointment with him sometime this week.
18)如果我不得不把我们会面时间推迟到四月五日的话,会不会给你带来诸多不便吗?
Could it make much inconvenience to you if I have to postpone our appointment to April 5th?
19)我希望你还是能按原来的时间见面。
I hope you could keep the original appointment.
20)我很遗憾告诉你,我不得不取消明天和你的约会。
I regret to tell you I\'ll have to cancel my appointment with you tomorrow

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档